FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lion007

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Wooo finally got my new aquarium setup & stocked :hyper:

Heres when i first got it all running
DSCF0006.jpg

Let it run for 2 days with the old filter media - i couldnt find any ammonia so used fish food - the levels dropped within 12 hours :)
So on with the stocking - bought some black subtrate to mis with the white (looked a bit too bright with just white)
And got some live plants & a large piece of Mopani root
Then added my stock of leapord & zebra danios, My bristlenosed plec & added 6 White cloud minnows

Heres how its looking
DSCF00013.jpg

DSCF00033.jpg

I'll let this run for a few weeks, keeping a close eye on all levels, whilst choosing a couple more to add to the stock.
Let me know what ya all think :p

like the look of it, much better with the mix of black white substrate, i would have gone for all black myself.
:good:

like the look of it, much better with the mix of black white substrate, i would have gone for all black myself.
:good:

Thanks :) - i wanted all black originally - but at the time, all the shop had was white, or ghastly colours. Took me ages to find this one 30kg bag of black. Even then i had to drive out to the sticks to get it lol

Thanks for the comments! Its only a 180 UK litre - but my first "big tank"
Im unsure of what else to put in, i wanted some neon tetras, but the supplier i use had taken them off sale, as he wants to make sure they are ok, as they are new stock , so instead he sold me these at a discount

Minnows.jpg

White cloud mountain minnows - id never heard of them lol

I may still get some neon tetras in a couple of months. I'll just have a look around at some other peoples setups and find something i like.
Wouldnt mind some bottom feeders too - just got to find some that dont grow very big.

white clouds are wicked fish,I had one a goup of them and the one always posed in front of the tank.They look realy cool whent here fins are fully erected.

Pretty cool! Corydora Aeneus are good bottom feeders they will stay pretty small. Try this http://www.fishforums.net/30-Plecos-Under-...es-t132656.html for some Plecos that stay smaller.

:good: I'll have to look out for them - really like this colour if i can find some
aeneus3.jpg

I did read the plecs under 8 topic - but i feel it needs pics - as i couldnt be arsed to search google for every one lol - maybe when i get bored i'll have a proper look.

Hey,
I reckon you should get cherry barbs they are absoulutley ausome . They're really cool. They only grow to about 4 cm i think .
[acronym="Lough Out Load"]lol[/acronym]

Tanks looking great!! love the substrate. I think that neons prefer a more mature tank set-up so its probably better if you wait a while like you said before you get some. The little minnows are gorgeous though, Good work!! :good:

Cheers for the comments :) yeah i'm waiting for it to mature abit before adding anything else, i dont want to over do it in the first few months. Wouldnt mind some guppies at some point in time - but ive always had problems keeping them, so will probably wait a year untill adding them.

I wasnt too sure if the substrate would work well or not, but it has grown on me.
I am very pleased with the minnows, might get some more of these too - they are just like a neon in the right light & the red details are immense, can't wait for them to grow a bit lol

cherry barbs are awsome little things- ive got some and there active butnot bullying
MB Cardinals instead of neons? bit tougher i think and even more colourful!

nice tank btw!

Thought id update - just over a week in now & all going well :)
Also fitted my moonlight kit today (went against the idea of making my own lol)

DSCF0001-2.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back