New Setup Assistance

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FidgityFish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a keen fishkeeper however have been out of the game for about 5 years whilst we had young kids and the house wasn't big enough anymore - but now we've moved and the kids are older - so it's time to get back in to it :D

I've ordered a Clearseal 120cm Oak tank (https://www.stonesaquatics.co.uk/product/clearseal-oak-aquarium-set/) which is about 240 litres, long and relatively thin.

I'm thinking of a Fluval 407 for filtration, 300 watt heater, and the Fluval Plant 3.0 for lighting (46W version). Also, as I want to build a planted Amazonian styled tank I am after a Co2 kit - I used to use fire extinguishers but am thinking of going for something a bit more consistent (and expensive :oops:) with the JBL ProFlora m501.

No idea about stocking yet - but my main question is, will the Fluval 407 be a good match for a 240 litre and with the idea of being a bottom-basin Amazonian (slow flow) tank work?

Also, is the Fluval Plant 3.0 changeable in terms of length, as the Fluval site suggests it has a range or lengths? Will that specific model fit a 120cm Clearseal tank?

Any help much appreciated!

Paul.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back