New Scape (60L).... Now .... ' Iwagumi Without A Twist '

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Remember to nip the tops off the tall Staurogyne. I have just added some of this to my tank today!

Looks really good Jake, I know you're doing a moss carpet in your other scape, but how about a moss pathway through the middle?

Remember to nip the tops off the tall Staurogyne. I have just added some of this to my tank today!

Looks really good Jake, I know you're doing a moss carpet in your other scape, but how about a moss pathway through the middle?

Haha.. great minds eh?.... i left the centre pathway free with intentions of doing something like this... i was thinking fissidens... i think other mosses just wouldn't come close to being nice enough.

I may just let this fill in abit first to see if i actually like it, tank has cleared considerably now and it actually looks better (to me) than i thought it would so fingers crossed it will continue to grow nicely.

More updates and better pics to come soon hopefully :)

Better pics as promised.....

aac2cae2.jpg

e9caa5e2.jpg

291589e6.jpg

a10887c5.jpg

09ec300e.jpg

05686e61.jpg

06c3201a.jpg

8204892f.jpg

0b6ebabe.jpg

I love it. You may be inspiring me on how to scape my 10 gallon xray tetra tank. :D I've just got plastic in there until I have a solid plan, since smaller tanks are so much less forgiving.

I love it. You may be inspiring me on how to scape my 10 gallon xray tetra tank. :D I've just got plastic in there until I have a solid plan, since smaller tanks are so much less forgiving.

Thankyou for the comments... look forward to seeing the x-ray tank once you start.

Hi Ya :)

Looking great!! Glad to see it has gone to a happy home :) :lol:

Really does look good

Will you be putting a plain background on?

Loops x

Hi Ya :)

Looking great!! Glad to see it has gone to a happy home :) :lol:

Really does look good

Will you be putting a plain background on?

Loops x

Hi hun and thankyou :)... yes very much a happy home, the sons still loving it :)

I do plan on putting a background, unsure on colour yet but will probably end up opting for black.

Not much to update, staurogyne is growing well as is the blyxa staying a nice vibrant green.... will trim the staury right down in the next week or so... i like to let it settle before doing this.

Will get some updated pics up before hand, hopefully there will be noticeable differences between the setup pics and the new ones :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing them. Any staurogyne going spare I will take it. May have something to swap for it? ;)

Look forward to seeing them. Any staurogyne going spare I will take it. May have something to swap for it? ;)

Once i have some spare mate, i will send you some... the first lot of cuttings will be used for the nano though.

It might be a while before i need to trim again due to the slow growth due to the very low light lol but will let you know once i have some :good:

Really like it mate :good: might have to do something similar!!

Thankyou, glad you like :).

Right then peeps, first lot of pics are before i gave it a trim earlier, i was going to leave it for a while but decided to trim a little to encourage some side growth.... Not much growth from the first lot of pictures but there is some and that's the important part, i never expected this tank to grow quickly anyways due to the low light over it.

23e1b09e.jpg

50d50fd5.jpg

895ba8ec.jpg

1a6be44b.jpg

Now just a couple of pics after the trim, looks very bare now :rolleyes:

bb3432de.jpg

4a9c58ba.jpg

6941b611.jpg

3d42b599.jpg

81aaa33f.jpg

f42d81f0.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

I'm jealous, I can't grow Staurogyne, never had any luck with it lol, your substrate looks like its leveling out a little or is it my eyes?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back