New RTBS settling in nicely

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
A

AquaNut

Soooo.. the other day I'm at my lfs and in walks a guy, holding a little plastic margarine tub. I expected him to say the gerbil he bought the previous day died already or something, but to my surprise (and horror), he actually had an rtbs in the container. He said that the good people at Pet-cetera told him that they could keep an rtbs in a ten gallon tank with guppies and neons. Needless to say, they were having some troubles. My lfs didn't want him (they only take fish from customers they're very familiar with.. like me! lol) and the guy looked totally peeved and frustrated, like he figured he may as well just toss the fish and container on the floor. I said, "I'll take it!! I have a perfect tank for him. " He handed me the fish and said, "He's yours." :nod:

Now, two days later, my rtbs is chasing the tiger barbs all around the tank, just as he should. lol He happily found a snug spot under the bogwood with the skunk botias, botia rostratas, and yo yo's. I'm absolutely loving this tank now!! They're all so active and now that the loaches and tbs have the tank to themselves, the loaches (and now rtbs too) are sooo much more out in the open. (Guess it doesn't hurt that I took away most of their caves... evil fish mommy wants to see the fish!!)

You're having a good week aren't you 'Nut!!!

That's good to hear Kirsten!!! I'm glad it worked out for you. :thumbs:

Lateral Line said:
You're having a good week aren't you 'Nut!!!
It's had its ups and downs, LL. I lost two gorgeous juvie angels to some sort of mysterious and very quick internal infection or parasite. Gorgeous one hour, dead the next. :-( Only the two juvie angels were affected; every other fish in that tank is the picture of health.

smb said:
That's good to hear Kirsten!!! I'm glad it worked out for you. :thumbs:
Thanks Jeff. That's two very cool fish I now have on account of you. :nod: Jenica is totally in love with the lil smb.. err.. rtbs ;) lol She sits on my bedroom floor and watches that tank for half an hour at a time and she thinks the red fins make him the most beautiful fish we have, outside the guppy tanks (all those fish named Pretty Tail, remember lol).

LOL, Jenica is such a lil cutie!!! :wub:

Thanks Jeff. That's two very cool fish I now have on account of you. Jenica is totally in love with the lil smb..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now Jenica has a lil smb and a mini-smb. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back