New Rams

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

EddieW

Fish Addict
Reaction score
A couple of pics of my new Rams - a bit blurry I'm afraid. (Oh, and yes I know I have a bit of an algae problem on the plants. The plants have only just established themselves and are startign to grow like mad so I will be able to get rid of the algae coated leaves soon.)

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 65
Thanks peeps.

Chenz - I had them on my list for the big tank from the word go (honest :p ) Hoping they might breed - I think I have one male and three female but not 100% sure of sexing them.

Cheers, Eddie

Yeah Yeah! i believe you :no:
Well the safest way to sex 'em... usually the male is larger than the female & the Male tends to have a longer 2nd or 3rd spine on the dorsal fin, but females can also have a longer 2nd or 3rd spine too.
Also the females tend also to have a red tint to the belly which gets more brilliant red when ready to breed.
looks to me that all four pic's that you have posted are ALL FEMALE. If thats all your rams just make sure that you definately buy a couple of males & hopefully you will have a good ratio for them to pair off.
Best of luck Eddie
Chenz. :D

P.s. see the 2nd spine on the male in my avatar & no red belly :rolleyes:

Breeding Pair

Hope these pic's help show the difference easily betwwen M & F

Chenz.

Attachments

• Breeding_Rams_26.03.03_005.jpg
    Breeding_Rams_26.03.03_005.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 65
Thanks Chanz - very helpful.

I think that the pics I have posted are only of two of my Rams, will have to try and get the others at the weekend. Looking at your pics I think I do have 1m/3f but will try and get some pics and get you to check for me :) The guy in the LFS didn't know how to tell the difference, so I had to tell him. From your information I think I got it right....

Cheers, Eddie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back