New Ram Colours Morph

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
£35 each :lol:

and it doesnt look anywhere near as nice as the wild natural colouration ram.... the blue rams seem to have lost their initial high prices too as ive seen them for sale at £12 each compared to their original price tag. these fish will be as sensitive if not more than the original rams due to the breeding program, i wonder if the sellers are prepared to pass this info on to the buyers, theres no comments on the website.

i would stay well away until the blues and these new lilacs have been around for a while to get an idea of their life expectancy and sensitvity levels etc.

and it doesnt look anywhere near as nice as the wild natural colouration ram.... the blue rams seem to have lost their initial high prices too as ive seen them for sale at £12 each compared to their original price tag. these fish will be as sensitive if not more than the original rams due to the breeding program, i wonder if the sellers are prepared to pass this info on to the buyers, theres no comments on the website.

i would stay well away until the blues and these new lilacs have been around for a while to get an idea of their life expectancy and sensitvity levels etc.

Thanks for your post, and you are entitled to your opinion, but you are some what completely wrong. These fish are NOT any more sensitive than other rams.
I do agree that the natural blue rams are very nice though.
If you mean electric blue and their high price tag, electric blue rams have been in the country for around 5 years and are still being sold in most shops for around £20 a fish, some shops are still commanding £30 for them at a small size.

Rams that are imported are ONLY sensitive because the shops do not quarantine them for any period of time and Rams do not import very well, so you are getting stressed out fish and can die from the shock of travel so soon after import.

These are UK bred fish, they are not from some huge fish farm, they come from one of the UKs top ram breeders. So there is no reason to stay away from these fish at all.

Thanks again for the post... :shifty:

look quite ice to me but not as ice as the normal blue rams. Where are these available?

Can't say I'm a fan really. Give me wild type fish over selectively bred strains any day. AT least they're not balloons, I suppose.

Thanks for your post, and you are entitled to your opinion, but you are some what completely wrong. These fish are NOT any more sensitive than other rams.
I do agree that the natural blue rams are very nice though.
If you mean electric blue and their high price tag, electric blue rams have been in the country for around 5 years and are still being sold in most shops for around £20 a fish, some shops are still commanding £30 for them at a small size.

Rams that are imported are ONLY sensitive because the shops do not quarantine them for any period of time and Rams do not import very well, so you are getting stressed out fish and can die from the shock of travel so soon after import.

These are UK bred fish, they are not from some huge fish farm, they come from one of the UKs top ram breeders. So there is no reason to stay away from these fish at all.

Thanks again for the post... :shifty:
its a well known fact that if not given the correct water chemistry of soft acidic water then the GBR wont thrive, which is why they make good tank mates for discus. thousands of people must have bought GBR's and had them die within a month.... ask your breeder friends what water they breed the rams in and i guarentee it will be soft, warm, acidic water.

the electric blue variant are selling for anything between £10-£20 near me after the initial hefty price tags when they first were seen, most selling then at about £12 each or £20 for 2, natural coloured GBR are selling anything between £4-£8 depending on size.

i agree that tank bred fish are usually much better at being changed from their breeder tank to their new home but if the parameters are not within a certain degrees of what they were raised in then it can be an issue. with the natural GBR being a sensitive fish i would assume these may be in the same boat. also fish bred for colour morphs can also be a weaker variant just look at the EBJD. again how many people buy these and they die at a very young age with no apparent illness or do not grow anything like what they should do or become an ugly fish that the purchaser didnt expect? the fishes immune system has to be questioned with all the early deaths surely?

i think at the price they are listed on the link they may sell a few to ram enthusiasts but not the natural/wild fish enthusiasts... and maybe a few to people that demand new fish morphs but to the general public i would imagine at the same price as a decent discus or angelfish they will find it hard to sell. give it a few months and they will be £25 and so on until they will be available for £10 ish. during this time will be a good time to hear about other peoples experiences with them and can determin whether to buy one or not in my eyes.

just my opinion im entitled to as you put it :hey: and i wouldnt say completely wrong either ;)

@mattlee
LOL, yeah you are entitled to your opinion and thats fine ;)

We are working to map all the genetics for rams in the same way it has been done for angelfish.
You are correct Ram enthusiasts have bought a good few pairs but these have also sold to the general public.

@BigTom I totally agree, I am not a fan of the balloon morphs and they are not something I will ever really want to stock.

@mattlee
LOL, yeah you are entitled to your opinion and thats fine ;)

We are working to map all the genetics for rams in the same way it has been done for angelfish.
You are correct Ram enthusiasts have bought a good few pairs but these have also sold to the general public.

@BigTom I totally agree, I am not a fan of the balloon morphs and they are not something I will ever really want to stock.

Hi Guys i bought a pair of lilac rams from Tropico Aquatics they appear to be thriving in my community tank and spawning like clockwork when they have had some practice i will be moving them to there breeding tank and trying to improve there colour a tad
ps i bought a pair of wild blue rams around the same time from a different supplier and they have both died so wild or tank bred i cant say what is best but it seems to me that the tank bred rams i have outlive the wilds every time which is pretty annoying to say the least
Thanks Guys
Ryan

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back