What's new

New project. Not 100% sure what will happen...

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
๐Ÿถ Click here to enter! ๐Ÿฐ

Flushable Pets

Fishaholic
2x Tank of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Reaction score
Today is my day off and we ran to Keim Lumber in Charm, Ohio. It's basically an Amish version of Lowe's. Charm is nothing more than rural intersection of "Bob's Road" and county road 557 in Amish country. But they have a phenomenal hardware store with a wonderful selection of exotic hardwoods. Amongst our browsing I found 1/8th inch slabs of Zebrawood and Leopardwood. I only know they are attractive and hardwoods. Challenge accepted. I instantly imagined all the projects I could do with these thin pieces of wood. My first project is going to be a couple of functioning all wood locking pocket knives. Yes, they will function like a normal knife, but they will be show pieces. I plan to build a custom pair of "knives" for my mother and her boyfriend as well as our friend and teammates popularly known as "c7viper" and his wife on YouTube. @PheonixKingZ probably knows them.

sounds so cool! what will be your design and how will you make them?

I thought it attached this...
rsz_20210401_113522.jpg

I thought it attached this...View attachment 133267
haha,
I've never seen wood like this before, and wow that is cheap for wood that good!!! the bottom one looks fancy.
looks like a floorboard for a rich guy's house LOL

you mightve sumbitted the thread before they were done uploading

haha,
I've never seen wood like this before, and wow that is cheap for wood that good!!! the bottom one looks fancy.
looks like a floorboard for a rich guy's house LOL

you mightve sumbitted the thread before they were done uploading

Probably the issue. These are nothing compared to what they have. They have live edge exotic slabs for $25-50k. Things I can't fathom.

Probably the issue. These are nothing compared to what they have. They have live edge exotic slabs for $25-50k. Things I can't fathom.
oh no....live?

to be honest i think those are good enough ,as maybe those are for specific purposes, and a craft like yours would need more than just good wood, a lot more materials like maybe resin, sandpaper, and cured and resin leather

oh no....live?

to be honest i think those are good enough ,as maybe those are for specific purposes, and a craft like yours would need more than just good wood, a lot more materials like maybe resin, sandpaper, and cured and resin leather

I prefer going as simple as possible. The "knife" will be made entirely out of wood, cyanoacrylate and wood glue to glue things together and maybe some stain or mineral oil to finish. All hand tools. I might make a leather holster if I feel froggy. I have a lot of scrap leather and rivets. I haven't thought that far ahead. This is for fun, not work or strict task.

This will be cool. Keep us updated!

(Iโ€™ve never heard of the YouTuber though. ?)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back