><)))*> New Project: Juwel Vision 180 Planted Journal &#60

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks for all your comments.

Munroco said:
Looks great, very natural, how did your hair grass fare?
It didn't :(. I bought it off a moderator on here, who then seemed to disappear suddenly, a bit like the hairs grass! I believe the issue was he took awhile to send it, and then stated he had cut it all back as it was tangled. I would say it was probably past its best!

Current stock list, which has changed a little over its lifetime...
- pair of red BN, regular breeders, so have an adolescent and a few youngsters at present
- Aldolfi Cories
- Beckford and Hockeystick Pencil Fish
- Lamp Eyes, look awesome in the planted tank
- Young Peacock Gudgeons x2 from some I bred
- Amano Shrimp
- Rabbit Snails
- Ramshorn snails, came in on plants!
- MTS snails, to turn over substrate - not keen on these since adding them! Anyone know how to remove them without adding Assassin snails? Looking for a non chemical option. Can only think of cucumber and syphon option at present. Finding they are getting into the filter and reproducing too fast for my liking.

Looking great since replacing the old T8 unit with a T5. Pictures to follow, once sorted for photobucket.

Replaced a spray bar with an Eheim Lily Pipe.

Fertilising the plants plus adding liquid C02.

Update...

This tank has gone from strength to strength, and although it looks different again since these photos, I thought it was time for an update.

It is a breeding frenzy with lots of surprises, one of which is the red BNs regular breeding, so if you are local and would like one, once large enough, please let me know. I will post them for sale once I feel they are ready.

I know how you all like photos, and it has since had a tidy up, but for now... for your viewing pleasure...

image_zpsmsua91fb.png

image_zpstlierkw1.png

I love the Lampeyes, which look stunning in a planted tank. They now come to the front of the tank when they spot me to encourage feeding ;)
image_zpsyekiql4x.png

Recently tiny fry were found at the surface, do you know what they are?
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/439893-fry-surprise-do-you-know/

BEAUTIFUL!!
P.S I voted normans lamp eye :)

Thanks Nic, looks even better with a trim. Main thing is the fish seem happy :) This is the tank your snails were sent from.
I hope they are NLEs as it would be great to see them develop. They are lovely fish, and I now have a group of about 12. Would like to add more, but was not impressed with the last batch I saw, so need to be patient, best way in this hobby :)

I love Lamp eyes too, I think they are so cute, some people think that they are quite plain but if you get a really big shoal they make a massive impact!
I first saw them at pets at home and I was smitten!!
I haven't seen any LFS that stock them so hopefully the fry are lamp eyes, you'd be surprised at how many could be hiding in the tank, especially if you have loads of top cover.

The snails are doing ok now, at first they wouldn't move now they are all over the place, some of them have gone into the main tank now, the loaches had a go but moved on when they couldn't fit in their mouths!
good.gif

I agree regarding the Lampeyes, plus they react to their human ;) whatever the fry are they are growing really fast compared to the Celeste Danio fry in the fry tank, so hopefully all will become clear soon. Sad thing is, a day or two prior to spotting them I had just done a sweep of surface plants and binned them, so alas unbeknown to me some fry or eggs may well have gone too

Good news that the snails are moving, bad news that the loaches cannot eat them.

Indeed...sad to see it go...will set it up again but better :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back