><)))*> New Project: Juwel Vision 180 Planted Journal &#60

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Sorry RCA - I couldn't be any help either, as no experience with those substrates :/

I like your progress though :)

Sorry was not ignoring you, but was doing outside jobs, such as clearing the garage, while I had visitors.  Good news is that I now have a fish corner for all my spare tanks and equipment
59.gif
   Anyway back to topic...

After fixing the filter today on my other large tank, I decided to wash the sand for this project, don't all shout at once, but yes at last.   

So here is the current progress ...

Preparing the Sand
Slide2_zps3857f677.jpg

Getting the Sand right
Slide3_zpseb3e4b50.jpg

You can see the subtle changes in the sand mixture each time by looking near the number of the slightly lighter shade as silver sand was added to the black.  I was then concerned that the sand was too deep and explored this prior to finalising the base layer.

View from above with the sand in place
Slide4_zps783511b2.jpg

External Heater and Electrics
Slide5_zps46b6d312.jpg

Ready for filling in the morning, hopefully
Slide6_zps9ca7b414.jpg

Still not sure what ornaments with end up in the final version?  Until next time enjoy the journey.

Very good RCA :D .
Look great when you get all the planting finished ;) .

Looks great!!! Love the two different layers. What a great way to start off  a tank... You already have a great perception of depth and height in there :)  

What kind of plants are you thinkin? :hey:

Thanks to all for your comments, just a quick update to say​
 ​
59.gif
 We now have WATER and two filters running 
59.gif

plus
59.gif
  the external heater 
59.gif

​
I have pictures but as I have only just finished I need to  
sleeping.gif
so will upload them soon for you all.​
I also have a list of potential plants which I will advise of later, equally though I am welcome to any ideas anyone has.​
For now good-night​

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

Did you get cartpet plants? For your plants I would like to suggest glosso and taiwan moss for your setup. Great tank btw!

This has been a lot of fun to read through... very thorough photo journal RCA!

I'm kind of surprised that no one else has mentioned it yet, so I will...  Those pieces of wood!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:  Its a good thing that you're on the other side of the pond, or else I'd be sneaking into your house to steal them!  They look AMAZING!  

I can't wait to see the finished product!   (BTW, what fish are you planning to stock?  And what input will you allow your nephew, "the gravel washer"?)

Thanks all for your patience, and encouragement, yet again 
good.gif

Firstly I will answer the questions posted since my last update:

@ greenmumma - What kind of plants are you thinking?
To be honest I have a whole list of plants I like and have yet to decide so am open to any suggestions.  If you look at the original entry for this journal you will see some of the plants I have been considering.  I will update the journal with my shortlist when I have chance to peruse my options.  In the meantime I have added some hairgrass that I bought from the TFF (picture to follow).

@ DerpPH - Did you get carpet plants?  For your plants I would like to suggest glosso and taiwan moss for your setup.  Great tank btw!
Thanks for the suggestions and comments.

GLOSSOSTIGMA ELATINOIDES / GLOSSO – I like the look of this plant, however, it says it needs very high light levels, so not sure if my current lighting will be suitable?  Do you have any experience with growing this plant, and can provide any tips?

TAIWAN MOSS / Taxiphyllum alternans – I reckon this would look great as a wall, either on the right side, or the back wall, or both.  It also grows fast apparently, and requires medium light.  It appears it grows faster in Co2 tanks, but at this stage I am not planning Co2, so it will still grow but not as fast.  Can anyone recommend a good source?

eaglesaquarium said:

This has been a lot of fun to read through... very thorough photo journal RCA!

I'm kind of surprised that no one else has mentioned it yet, so I will...  Those pieces of wood!!!!
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
 Its a good thing that you're on the other side of the pond, or else I'd be sneaking into your house to steal them!  They look AMAZING!  

I can't wait to see the finished product!   (BTW, what fish are you planning to stock?  And what input will you allow your nephew, "the gravel washer"?)
thanks.gif
 however, I have a killer cat guarding and waiting to pounce on anyone attempting to steal from my tanks 
lookaround.gif
P1090253-Copy_zpsc9f6614f.jpg
 ​
 ​
Seeing the finished product, me too, can't wait, but am having to, due to all my other maintenance tasks.
 If you look at the original entry for this journal you will see some of the fish I have been considering.
 ​
In respect to my nephew...
He often says, why did you not wait for me to fill the tank?  
My response is ""you were not in the mood the last two times you came".  
He actually prefers going out on the Tandem or taking photos.
So, he can have input, however, I find he is a ...
'I have to be in the mood fishkeeper', therefore you may never see it finished if I waited for him to be in the mood.
 ​
========================================================================================​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Now to work on those updated pictures for you all to see.

Re: nephew

Fair enough.

Re: your attack cat... I'd take my chances! :p

Here we go, pictures as promised...​
 ​
Slide7_zps793ddb6c.jpg
 ​
 ​
Slide8_zps346ec3a2.jpg
 ​
 ​
Slide9_zpsfdb12ba9.jpg
 ​
 ​
Slide10_zps35a10591.jpg
 ​
 ​
Slide11_zpsbadc20f5.jpg
 ​
 ​
Slide12_zpsadf0da4c.jpg
 ​
 ​
Slide13_zps1c7a0625.jpg
 ​
 ​
Slide14_zps1c46b97f.jpg
 ​
 ​
 ​
Your patience is rewarded (hopefully)...
 ​
yay.gif

yahoo.gif

yay.gif
 ​
 ​
Slide15_zpsd8b1a0dc.jpg
 ​
 ​
 ​
Current Status
 ​
Fish-less Cycling, some useful information on this process is here.
 ​
 ​
 ​
Next Steps
 ​
Deciding on the plants, some info above in my previous post.
 ​
Twenty Java Loaches are on order, yes twenty, plus I have some fish in Quarantine that may go in here.  Yet to decide.  
Have been thinking of Killi Fish Eggs - sort of grow my own fish 
sorcerer.gif

​
Any ideas and thoughts on plants or fish welcome.

That's looking very nice indeed RCA! Hope the cycle takes off soon - will you be using mature filter media and/or the pond balls again?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back