New Pleco!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smithrc

My names Russell.... ....and I'm a
Reaction score
Well... I caved in today - After shutting down the shed and selling a lot of my plecs, I've not been buying any more... nope. none.

until today :D

Sat in the back corner of a dark tank in one of our local stores was a black plec - with stunning orange seams on his tail and top fin.

after asking the store about him (as i couldn't ID it myself!) they told me it was an L106... they are light with spots according to all the pictures....

They had a look on there computer system and they had had him for so long he wasnt on the system any more - so they said I could have him for a cheap price - and sold him to me as a common :D (ok an expensive common)

got him home and his stressed colouration is exactly that of an L106 :)

I've got some poor piccys but I'm hoping to get him back to his black colouration as he looked stunning :)

Piccys to follow :)

Congrats! I can't wait to see the pics man!

Side note: do you know anywhere where I can read about this L list... I have no idea what it is and can't do any research with these numbers.

Dude, nice score i have never seen one on the flesh, sweeter than a beatdown on grittstar ;)

@ Hero, planetcatfish is your friend.... click

Congrats mate. I look forward to seeing the pictures, as the pictures on Planet Catfish aren't great.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to shut down the fish shed and sell some of your plecs?

Andy :)

Right folks - pics arn't great I'm affraid :(

He's hiding in his new tank too.
I'll be able to get some more soon as I'm clearing it up and re scaping it (to become a 2nd zeb tank :D)

L106_a.jpg

L106_b.jpg

L106_c.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to shut down the fish shed and sell some of your plecs?
Andy :)

money :(

Lorna is now a house wife with our nearly 1 year old . and with 1 wage coming in things as a lot tighter than they use to be...
The shed was setup with the tanks all running individually so that I could have different setups and different water change schedules etc... they cost quite a bit to run.

same with me sending wife back to work soon as the mother in law can baby sit :good: :good:

but in reality we need to win the lotto

cheers dane

Start selling Zebs at half the cost of everyone else and get a small business going (just sell males) ;)

Monopolise the market Muahaha

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back