New Pix

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
:)
I Got these a Few Days Ago. They were in the Freshwater Section and I asked the Manager to make sure they were FW. But After Reading the Index, I think they are Banded Puffers = Brackish. I have added some Salt and they seem to be Ok and Very Active.

They stay close to the Pea Gravel Patch I made them, it Contains Loads of Trumpet Snails.

Can Some ID them for me, as if they are Pure Brackish - then I will Have to Take them Back.

Here's Sharky, Getting Nosey. His fins have Healed Completely since PPI went Ape On him :wub:

Heres 1 of the Liqourice

The Celebes, They get more colorful every Day

1 of them About to chow down a Snail

:) - thats it for now. All those little Terracota Pots are great.

The Liqourice have each picked 1 for their homes

Hi Gill,

nice pics :thumbs: Sorry I'm not sure what sort of puffers you've got there, but one of my lfs has figure of eight ones, and says they can be kept with other tropicals. I don't know if it makes a difference if they have never been in brackish water, so then would be ok in your tank also :/

Steph

i think they are:
Brazilian or south american
Freshwater Puffer,
Colomesus asellus

info

What were u thinkin?

u put salt in with cories? puffers with comunity fish?

it doesnt matter if they are brackish or not you will HAVE TO TAKE THME back asap

EDIT: awsome photos tho :thumbs:

Those puffers are south americans and they are freshwater. They are considered one of the gentlest of puffers but still shouldn't really be kept in a community tank - they will fin nip if nothing else. Also, trumpet snails are not good for any puffer - their shells are hard and can break the puffers teeth.

And salt won't do your cories any favours....

EDIT / Just had a look at your profile and is this the tank with these fish in:

3 by 2
4 Gold Mountain Cloud Minnows
12 Sparkling Gouramis
4 Celebes Rainbows
1 High Fin China Shark
4 Otto's - 4 Albino Cory's - 2 Palyeatus - 4 Bronze - 1 Julli - 3 Panda's - 2 Banjo Cats - 1 Bumblebee Catfish
1 Black Kuhli Loach - 2 Banded Kuhli Loach
6 Liqourice Gourami
6 Bumble Bee Gobies
1 Threadfin rainbow

That's really not a suitable environment for those puffers and there's loads of fish in there anyway - 58 in fact!

LadyMinion said:
Those puffers are south americans and they are freshwater. They are considered one of the gentlest of puffers but still shouldn't really be kept in a community tank - they will fin nip if nothing else. Also, trumpet snails are not good for any puffer - their shells are hard and can break the puffers teeth.

And salt won't do your cories any favours....

EDIT / Just had a look at your profile and is this the tank with these fish in:

3 by 2
4 Gold Mountain Cloud Minnows
12 Sparkling Gouramis
4 Celebes Rainbows
1 High Fin China Shark
4 Otto's - 4 Albino Cory's - 2 Palyeatus - 4 Bronze - 1 Julli - 3 Panda's - 2 Banjo Cats - 1 Bumblebee Catfish
1 Black Kuhli Loach - 2 Banded Kuhli Loach
6 Liqourice Gourami
6 Bumble Bee Gobies
1 Threadfin rainbow

That's really not a suitable environment for those puffers and there's loads of fish in there anyway - 58 in fact!
Thanks for the Info Lady + Sir.

its Good that they are Fw, It means i can Set them Up there Own Tank. :D

Oops, Need to Update the Profile, its a bit Old.

I only Added a Teaspoon of Salt - Just in Case Untill confirmation.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back