New Newbie

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GrayScale

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello all, just registered to the forums and wanted to introduce myself.

Currently I am cycling my 20US gallon long tank and should be able to get some fish this weekend.

I'm fairly new to fish keeping but I've been doing a lot of research on many different websites while I've been cycling and I'm hoping I can share the information when needed.

I have an aqueon 20G long fish tank, aquaclear 50 powerfilter, azoo biofilter(sponge filter), stealth pro heater, and a whisper 60 air pump running my filter and airstone.

Once my tank is cycled I will have live plants and hopefully some celestial pearl danios(if my lfs has them in) and some cherry shrimp. My goal is to succesfully breed the danios to keep the fish in the aqurium industry.

Once I save some money and my fish are settled in I plan on buying a second 10g tank with java moss to breed the danios in.

Hope to see everyone on the forums!

first of all, welcome man here in this forum

if you concentrate on danio then it is good, otherwise you can keep harlequin rasbora, neon tetra in your aquarium...they can easily live with danio. and if you make your aquarium planted then it will look amazing...anyway, keep us updated about your fish collection...

I've considered adding other fish for the extra colors and different activity levels. My main goal in the end though is to breed the celestial pearl danios and I don't know if it would be fair to the other fish in the tank if imnot giving them all the attention they would need. I also want to breed the shrimp but Ive read that they breed pretty rapidly if they're happy so that's a pretty good deal for me. :fun:

Welcome to the forum GrayScale.
I am a fish keeper who is focused on livebearers so I only know about zebras from reading about them. I do know that the zebras I have had over the years were constantly breeding but I have never done anything to preserve the fry. Unlike most cichlids, the zebra danios, they are not cichlids, provide no parental care and are really fry predators.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back