Shelby Drake

Reaction score
Hello again, I have been cycling a nano tank for about a month and I am getting ready to stock my tank. I planted my plants, and just need a final fish to balance it all out. I was thinking of filling my 6.8 Gal tank with some cherry shrimp, blueberry shrimp, and some Mosquito Rasbora, but from what I have heard none of the mentioned eat white hair algae which is something I am already having a problem with on all my live plants (and no where else I may add!!) in this tank before I even put fish in. I would really like to have a fish/invertebrate or something thereof to help control it, and was looking for some help. Anything would be appreciated! My tank is heavily planted with lots of drift wood hiding places, kept at a PH of 7.1 if that makes a difference! I was looking at Sparkling Gourami, however they seem to like to harass shrimp, and I wouldn’t want that.

First thing is to identify what this actually is, since there is no white algae. A photo would help.

As Byron says, we do need to identify the algae. But you need to be aware that very few creatures eat 'problem' algae.

Sparkling gouramis do need a bigger tank - one with a footprint at least 45 x 30 cm (18 x 12 inches)

Some sources say that blueberry shrimps and cherry shrimps are the same species, while others say they are a different species. If they are the same, they will interbreed and you'll end up with a tank of brown shrimps. But if the blueberries are a different species, they won't interbreed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back