FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Beautiful! I love how you scaled the rocks and wood bits to the tank, Instead of sticking a giant who knows what in the middle. This is coming along! Inhabitants look healthy and happy :)

Hi guys.

Attachments

• 131458403_387422892489810_1473069334528967409_n.jpg
    131458403_387422892489810_1473069334528967409_n.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 89
I love Davit’s tanks. Always so relaxing. I dont know if the plants occur together in the wild but it all looks so natural. Less is more.

What fish are those?
Now there’s a coincidence. I’ve just taken delivery of a pair while reading this thread.
Theyre Heterandria Formosa from the South East states of the USA. Carolinas originally but now all the way down the coast into Eastern Texas.
Theyre the worlds smallest known livebearer. M18mm/F35mm.
Also known as Least Killifish, Dwarf Top Minnows,Mosquito Fish and something else that slips my mind.

As mentioned upthread I think Davits were the first I saw and I’m smitten. There should be eight in my main tank but I’ve never seen more than five at the same time since the day they went in.
Ive a pre-seeded and cycled 10g for em ready but will use it as a QT tank for this new pair first then add whatevers still in the main tank. A few were very small and the main tanks other inhabitants may have had them. It’ll be a whole days task getting them out as I don’t want to miss any.
Apologies for hijacking thread.

Last edited:
Davit are they all HFs? My ten all have a black stripe and some of yours haven’t plus they seem a bit bigger.

@Davit Gogoladze
Our March 1st Tank of the Month contest will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller. You should enter your tank.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back