New Monthly Competition? Fish Photo Of The Month?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kaivalagi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

Snowflake311 made a good point here of the idea of a fish photo of the month competition, could this be arranged?

I think it could be a recipe for great photos of members fish, and create a good community spirit of sharing your beloved fish with others

It could have the same rules as the other comps in that a photo would need to be nominated by someone else before being eligible, to stop poor entries...

What do you think? Good idea?

If there was a competition the original from the pic in my sig would be entered first time around...

Thanks for your consideration

Cheers

Was tried before and failed due to cheaters...

Really, you mean sourcing pics from online and claiming them to be their own....there's always one that spoils things!

I guess this will go no where then :(

This is something which is under the long-term consideration of the moderating team.

The return of Tank Of The Month to TFF is a trial run if you like, and if we can make a long-term success of that competition (which is going very well so far), then other competitions may very well be introduced.

Its a very good idea and I can imagine seeing some incredible pictures, we have some very talented members who are great photographers.

But I can understand the challenge its a shame people would cheat by sourcing of the web.

Its a good idea with TOTM having the entry with a letter on an identical picture but I cannot see how that can be done with an individual picture of a single fish considering just getting one picture is hard enough especially a good one,

:lol: fish are highly unlikely to stay in place by request while a peace of paper is added for a second shot lol.

Of course the other thing is would editing be aloud with programs like photo shop?

As mentioned I think its a great idea I just cannot see how it would be controlled.

Regards onebto.

To submit a photo you would have to post the one for the comp after nomination, along with a smaller sized pic with a POTM piece of paper with a date just showing the fish in the tank, it doesn't have to be a great shot or anything but has to verify things...I think that's do-able....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back