New Mollies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jessie J.

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just got 11 new mollies and one danio, and I'm putting them in 10-gallon tanks. These are the new fishes names and descriptions:

Firey- A vibrant orange-striped male molly named after BFDI's beloved Firey.
Sunshine (Ozark Sunshine)- A orange-striped male balloon molly. His full name is Ozark Sunshine, but we just call him Sunshine.
Moonshine (Ozark Moonshine)- A grayish white female balloon molly with faint gray stripes. Her full name is Ozark Moonshine (Sunshine's opposite and, sad to say, hated nemesis), but we just call her Moonshine.
Dallas- A very beautiful large dalmatian lyretail sailfin molly- he loves to impress the ladies.
Dahlia- A female dalmatian balloon molly.
Silver Bullet- A pure silvery white female lyretail molly. She's very shy and named after Steven King's novel.
Black Beauty- A beautiful black male lyretail molly. He has faint hints of orange on his dorsal fin and is even shyer than Silver Bullet.
Stinker- An especially naughty female balloon molly with smooth blends of yellow, orange, brown, and gray. She takes naughty pleasure in biting other mollie's tails and chasing around fish bigger than her.
Gray- A male hi-fin balloon molly. He's gray with dark grey markings, and a black spot right above his left eye.
Bullseye- A grayish male balloon molly with hints of yellow and one black eye.
Goldust- A yellow/black tuxedo male molly.
Princess- A gold longfin zebra danio. She's so pretty and graceful!

I have a question about the balloon mollies; will they reproduce on their own or do they need supplemental genes since they're hybrids?
Here's a list of all my other fish:

Moscow- A beautiful royal blue male vieltail betta. With "The betta trick" I have come up with, he peacefully shares a 10-gallon tank with four other male bettas.
Persia- A light yellow and navy-blue spotted male vieltail betta. He is the most wonderful fish and he comes up to the front of the tank to see me whenever I tap on the glass. He's nice to people but is "The Boss" when male bettas are around.
Mordor- A beautiful show-quality turquoise/red doubletail male betta, named after Mordor form Lord of The Rings.
Sauron- A show-quality black-laced orange dragonscale double-tail male betta. He's very shy.
Empress- A black and turquoise female veiltail betta. She is third in the ranking, but used to be #1.
Queen Shasta- A pretty red-finned female vieltail betta with a red muzzle and a silvery white body. Empress is second in the ranking, but sometimes she'll tussle with the highest betta (Jewel) for her favorite rock to swim around.
SierraSequoia- A bright red female vieltail betta. She is fourth in the ranking.
Daisy- A beautiful female halfmoon betta with dark grey stripes over her purple, blue, and red body. Daisy is the last in the ranking, due to her sweet and placid nature.
Jewel- A crowntail female betta with a white body and blue fins. She also has blue eyes, and is named after the parrot from Rio. Jewel is the smallest and approximately half the size of the other female bettas, but she's the highest in the ranking and bosses everyone else around.
Panda- A neon blue delta female guppy. She's very plump and is pregnant with her 3rd. load of fry.
Rio- A beautiful neon blue/sky blue delta male with black spots.
Jackie Dreamer- A super-sized 3 in. long female fancy guppy, with a grey body and a yellow D-tail. She's named after the insanely creepy kid's video character Jack Dreamer.
Charlie- A small male delta guppy with deep red, black, and orange coloration. He's hung on through fungus, severe fin picking, and various infections.
Olivia- A miniature Jackie Dreamer with a yellow D-tail. She is so cute she was almost named cutie-pie.
Lemon Jr.- A small yellow guppy with a black tail named after her deceased mother.
Gus, Babe, and Splasher- Three black/red tuxedo guppy babies that look exactly the same- I can tell zebra danios apart but not them.
Other guppy fry- I have about thirty other fry, some with endler tails.
Haley- a zebra danio.
Rhonda- a zebra danio.
Senna- a zebra danio.
Princess- a longfin gold zebra danio.
Whiskers- a half golden half zebra danio.
Prince- a longfin zebra danio.
Chloe- a zebra danio.
Mosquitofish- I have several mosquitofish in an outdoor pond, with a couple ultra blackspot mosquitofishes.

This list isn't done yet but I have to go now.

Last edited:
Personal opinion feel free to disagree.

I have a question about the balloon mollies; will they reproduce on their own or do they need supplemental genes since they're hybrids?

These poor fish have been bred because of a deformity, that is not their natural shape and breeding them should be discouraged.

Their organs are different shape then regular mollies make them more susceptible to things going wrong vs. them being truly hardy.

That is a question nobody can answer with any accuracy without asking the fish.

Agree. We should absolutely never buy any of the "balloon" fish, that is the only way to stop this cruelty. Ichthyologists do agree the process harms the fish internally and makes its life more difficult. As to whether or not this causes "pain" we don't really know. But cruelty is still cruelty and should be ended.

Hold up, did you say you keep 4 male bettas together in a 10 gallon tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You keep 4 male bettas together in a 10 gallon tank?

This will end in disaster, its only a matter of time, You have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

No offense, but I know what I'm doing. With the betta trick (don't ask because I'm not going to tell you what it is) all my trained males get along just fine, even in the presence of females.

What absolute nonsense, from now on I will make it my business to check every post you make and call you out on bad advice, Feel free to report me to the moderators if you like.

Last edited:
Interesting that you think it’s such a good idea but aren’t willing to say what it actually is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is a good idea, but I wouldn't go around asking everybody to try it, as it only works with a special group of bettas.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back