NEW MEMBER STATUS

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Was there an update? As mine suddenly changed from 'member' a few weeks ago

Was there an update? As mine suddenly changed from 'member' a few weeks ago
I believe members that have been members before 2017, were just classified as "member".

I know when I joined, and started to get more posts, my title changed.

I actually am against having number of post "ranks", they can lead to spam by some just to get the next title.
Linking them to reactions, while still not ideal, would be better as it rewards quality over quantity.
Having lots of posts used to be a big deal to me. Now, its really not. Now, I'm more of a "give people the help they need" kind of guy. Not like a social media king or anything.

That's why I sort of question those members who like things just to be liking them. They like the other persons message just because they like that person, but not necessarily because the information is good.

On an old forum I used to be on, there were people who would spam just to get to 1k or 2k messages, and get the next title. I mean sure, having a "fish guru" title would be cool, but I'm not sure I really need it... just my thought. :)

I actually am against having number of post "ranks", they can lead to spam by some just to get the next title.
Linking them to reactions, while still not ideal, would be better as it rewards quality over quantity.
You make a good point @kwi, that would reward quality and also promote positive interaction.

Or to really complicate things the ratio of positive reactions to number of posts, with a minimum number of posts made first
I agree with you, maybe we should have a “very informative button which features like a reaction button but you press it for informative post rather than quantity over quality messages which people could just easily spam them.

I agree with you, maybe we should have a “very informative button which features like a reaction button but you press it for informative post rather than quantity over quality messages which people could just easily spam them.
I think another forum had that. It was good.

You can gain rapid promotion in status/rank by just playing the many word association games on TTF lol :rofl:

It is a little floored really just going of how many posts youve made
Yea....almost forgot about that ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back