New Member/New Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wonder371

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey there... as u can see in my profile and signature. I am one of those stupid people who try to make a saltwater system out of the eclipse. Anyone else on this forum doing it? Just wanted to know who was as wacky as me so we can share ideas. Maybe someday we can make these tanks respectable. heh

so i guess i am the only one... allright... i guess i am gonna have to do the creative approach myself. Anyone know where i can get some corralife 10k bulbs and a Artinic blue blub?

You've only waited 1 hour to get some replies! :) I am sure you'll get lots of useful information its just our members are from all around the world so ideally you need to wait a while to get a full spectrum of their ideas :) I too want to set up a small tank for reef, mine will be about 30 gallons, I would be interested to hear how you did it :thumbs:

Once you get about a minimum of a pund of liverock for each gallon of water, your live rock will bakance the ecosystem, making filtering a non essential thing.

The Eclipse has the integral hood, light, filter doesn't it?

I havent set up a tank like yours but i am whacky :lol: :lol: welcome to the board

yes... elcipses do have a ####ty filter in the hood and ####ty lights. The hood also covers the whole top of the tank making it near impossible to attach protein skimmers and such. I plan on designing a type of "sump" or "refigum" and attaching my protein skimmer to that. Possibly even a bakpak system(filter + protein skimmer). I will also continue to run my hood system. I also plan on trying some small changes like adding a foam filter or bio balls to the charcoal filter area in the eclipse. I also plan on retrofitting the elcipse lighting system with a better one at the end of the month. Feel free to leave ur input. thanks. peace.

An economical hang on back filter for your application would be one of the Skilter brand units. If you are going to run a reef, you do not need any media in the filter. The live rock holds all the beneficial bacteria you will need. Don't skimp in the lighting department, this is very critical.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back