April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

rossclan151

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Ā 
I am a newby to this forumĀ and I consider myself sort of new to loving and properly keeping our finned children happy and healthy.Ā  I had fish as a child, but, just remember all theĀ W O R K it involved and my mom taking that all upon herself.Ā  My youngest begged for a fish tank for his birthday 2 years ago and so began the newest episode in my loveĀ forĀ finned children.Ā  Today we have two tanks and visited this forum seeking help with my ICK emergency.Ā Ā Ā  However, I also realize that I need more support in general.Ā  We recently ventured into unchartered water and obtained 2 fiddler crabs (4 months ago).Ā  After reading all about them, I became concerned as it doesn't seem most can keep them alive for very long.Ā  I hope ours live for a while as they provide hours of entertainment.Ā  They live in a fish tank with an underwater biosphere and plenty of plants they can climb to escape the water.Ā  We have been through 2 moltings already. They are active and seem happy.
Ā 
I am excited to read and learn more.Ā 
Ā 
Veronica in Colorado

Welcome! Now I've never kept crabs but I know crayfish need calcium in their diet so they can keep growing new exoskeletons I would expect the crabs to be the same. Hope all goes well sounds like they are happy.

They are super fun.Ā  I keep their exoskeleton in the tank for a bit because I read it helps make the new shell strong.Ā  Do you know any other sources of calcium?Ā 

Welcome!
welcomeani.gif

Most reactions

trending

Back