New member Bike2mark

click to vote now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month

bike2mark

Reaction score
I kept fish through middle school and highschool in the late 70s and early eighties. We've had a 20gallon in our house for about 20 years. Most of that time I had a "less is more" attitude towards tank maintenance. A few years ago we started losing fish and new fish seemed to rarely survive a month. We started over with new gravel etc and things were improving until we bought a green ram cichlid that ended up being ill and all our fish died again. We started over in September 2022 and now have a thriving tank of guppies and neocardina shrimp that are breeding prolifically.

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice to have another old person on board. :) Is your tank cycled? That is probably the most game-changing thing I've learned about fish keeping since I started out in the 70s. That and how to grow planted tanks.

We'd love to see pics of your tank!

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice to have another old person on board. :) Is your tank cycled? That is probably the most game-changing thing I've learned about fish keeping since I started out in the 70s. That and how to grow planted tanks.

We'd love to see pics of your tank!
I don’t get that whole cycling thing. Where’s the handlebars ?

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Good to hear that your tank is thriving well...

Most reactions

trending

Members online