New little additions getting born as I post

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I hope the 3 fry are still doing good, I lost a ember tetra not long ago trying to lay her eggs :( I also almost lost my daughter last year when they had to rush her to the hospital. They ended up having to take the baby out 2 1/2 months early. She was only 2 pounds 11 onces but is now 15 pounds and happy. My daughter is doing fine too.
Oh my goodness she was tiny, so glad they are both healthy and happy now!!

I hope the 3 fry are still doing good, I lost a ember tetra not long ago trying to lay her eggs :( I also almost lost my daughter last year when they had to rush her to the hospital. They ended up having to take the baby out 2 1/2 months early. She was only 2 pounds 11 onces but is now 15 pounds and happy. My daughter is doing fine too.
I'm so glad your daughter & granddaughter are okay!

Congrats on the new additions. In mid April, we start up our Fish of the Month contest.. This month will feature livebearers only. I hope you will enter the contest. Seeing you have already won TOTM and POTM, I think you should go for the Trifecta!

Congrats on the new additions. In mid April, we start up our Fish of the Month contest.. This month will feature livebearers only. I hope you will enter the contest. Seeing you have already won TOTM and POTM, I think you should go for the Trifecta!
If she won, wouldn’t that make her the first member on TFF to have won all three contests? :wizard:

Yes.....if she won FOTM, she would be the first to win in all 3 contests.

I also almost lost my daughter last year when they had to rush her to the hospital. They ended up having to take the baby out 2 1/2 months early. She was only 2 pounds 11 onces but is now 15 pounds and happy. My daughter is doing fine too.

Congratulations grandpa! I had severe toxemia when I was pregnant, heart failure, kidney failure. Felt 100% OK so if I hadn't had a doctor's appointment they wouldn't have caught it. C-section (she was breech) at 34 week and got a 3lb 11 oz girl. Small for 34 weeks but 100% healthy. That little girl is now 29 and expecting her first baby in 8 weeks - he is already close to 5 lbs so well within the "safe delivery" stage. I cannot get this girl to take her blood pressure daily (my mother also had toxemia but with the Corona virus she is desperately afraid either her or her husband will catch it before delivery.) Nobody else allowed in the waiting room or birthing room but mother and 1 person and I'm too high risk anyway but I sure wish I could be in there with her.

Happy endings for new life are always wonderful whether it's a human or a fish. I SO hate this virus though. Mask restrictions in public, schools, stores, restaurants all closed, grocery stores running on empty and Kansas has barely been hit yet. It seems like almost everybody is going to have to catch this virus before the pandemic will be over with - they can't get enough PPE for health care workers, can't seem to find a reliable test and far from a vaccine unless some lab gets lucky. More people than we know are probably dying at home either from the virus or a heart attack (where are all the other patients?) rather than go to a hospital. I just want to get through these next 8 weeks and live to see my first grandchild.

Unfortunately livebearers are inbred and new mothers don't always survive giving birth to their first batch. It is a genetic weakness caused by inbreeding.

With healthy fish that are not inbred, it is not normal and the female should have more young and not die during the birthing process.
I believe endlers are considered the least line bred. I’m planning on giving them a go at some point

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back