New Lens

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

chrisbassist

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just have to tell someone about it.

It's like Christmas day when I was little.

My new lens arrived today and seems great so far.
Strictly speaking it's a conversion lens. It fits onto the stock lens, or any lens with the same diameter filter thread.

The lens comes in 2 parts.
The first part is a "macro" lens. Which screws on the end. Only done a quick test so far but it's allowing me to focus from about 2cm from the end of the lens, which is great.
The second part, screws onto the macro part, and with the 2 combined effectively quarters the mm rating of the lens. So my 18-55 at it's widest with the new lens attached is now a 4.5 mm lens. Proper fisheye. At that range it captures a circular image in the middle of the frame.

Considering I wanted a fisheye lens and couldn't find anything less than about £400 the £100 paid for this makes it a bargain.

If anyone is interested it's a digital king lens sold through thedarkroom.co.uk and they do 2 sizes, one to fit nikon and I think pentax, and one tofit canon.

Hoping to go out and get a few snaps later, I'll post a few pics here if I get chance.

Sounds great, is this the kiddy:
Digital%20King%20Fisheye%20sideways%20view%20web.jpg

I too would like to be focusing much closer or getting ultra wide angle shots if I can so am always looking for cheaper options :)

That's the one.

From my test shots when I zoom in on the ultra wide shots the focus seems a little soft but we shall see once I use it properly.

The macro part seems nice and sharp so I'm hoping the other part will be too.

As abonus you get to keep the auto focus and zoom of the lens it's attached to.

Sorry its been so long!
so to start with, a quick tester from the wide angle part:
windmill.jpg

just a windmill thing from the back garden, it's nice and sharp, the camera was about an inch from the central wooden part.

and if you remove the wide angle part, leaving only the smaller part on, it allows you to focus nice n close:
daisy.jpg

Sounds great, is this the kiddy:
Digital%20King%20Fisheye%20sideways%20view%20web.jpg

I too would like to be focusing much closer or getting ultra wide angle shots if I can so am always looking for cheaper options :)

i see a fancy flaslight head lol

my firiend would be interested in this sort of stuff lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back