🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

henward

Reaction score
i currently have a jardinii

i just bougtht 230cmx83wx63 high

its 1180 litres
massive filtration

i need to know wha ti can put.
now here are my ideas, i want aro or aros in here. can i put more than one silver? can i put a couple of silvers and a jardinii, hoepfully spreading the ggression, also i will be putting an assortment of large fish in here.

or shall i keep the jardinii it its current tank by its lonely self? and put aros in the big one, how many aros can i put in there? i was thinking 3. then other fish like g gourami, pacu, silverdollars, metynis pleco parrot cichlid.

has anyone ever put a jardinii over a foot long in a aro comm tank?
any feedback would be great

i think the jardini in the 1180L is possible but then the silver aros wouldnt fit in. silver aros need a minimum of around 1350L to be housed properly to adulthood. even so, the aggression of the jardini would be a huge problem.

Jardini are notorious for being aggressive, if you decide on tankmates, be ready to remove them if the jardini turns on them.

dont put the jardini in the big tank if you can help it
it will seriously limit what else you could put in
leave the jardini on his own thats what they like

its debatable whether the tank is big enough for 1 silver arowana
so 2 or 3 is way to much,they will kick the crap out of each other anyway
have you thought about a asian arowana?
they stay smaller and one would suit the tank much better
pics would be good :good:

asian arowana here where i am from is ridiculously expensive.! starting at 2 grand! too much!
i have seen on you tube, aro com tanks! tanks same size as mine with 3 to 4 aros.
but ok, so yu are saying that aro might b ok but mixing with jardinii is definately no no.

so if i put a jar in there, then am extremely limited to what i can put in there.

but silvers would leave me open to more fsh in there?

anyone ever put in more than one jardinii?

aware that pacu gets huge. i still deciding on that, only means that once its too big ill get rid of it. but probably bestto avoid that.

has anyone put more than one silver in a tank? and have them grow to more thna a foot?

strange, the jardinii right now leaves the flagtail and tinfoil barbs alone and a spotted metynis. but when i put large silver dollars in there, it harasses only the large silver dollars.
does this mean :

1) it only harasses larger fish as it seems them as competition
2) it picks on certain fish and some it will leave alone

?

i just bought the tank
it has a pretty good filter system
no pics yet
but its a big tank
any other ideas for mixing aros?
i love the idea, but if in practise is not practical, then i guess not!
one aro it is

Its quiet simple mate a jardini can not live with anyting some people have success maybe keeping them with an armoured plec but thats it soon enough the jardini will kill its tank mates. So there is know point putting a jardini in the big tank as nothing can be kept with it. As for an aro com you will need at least 6 aros for a proper com and you dont really have the space for one silver less alone 6. Asians aros are the only way really for you to do a successful aro comm you say where you come from they start at 2k thats cant be right in the states there illegal in singapoor, japan, china there cheap and in the UK and europe you can pick greens up for £100-£150 and RTG from £300-£500 depending on where you shop. So where are you from then? As for the pacu there is no point getting it and growing it on because there are not many people with tanks that size so once it outgrows your tank who will take it on public aquariums wont so the best advice would be not to get one they shouldnt be in the trade anyyways. What is the filtration on this tank then mate. :good:

im from new zealand. the cheapest grade red or gold aros here start at 2 grand. upwards to 8 grand for high grades. itsjust nz has so much crap to getthese in
so its expensive.

well, fiar enough, i thik i have had a overwhlming amount of ppl say that jar isnt good with other fish.... ok cool, no problems, i guess im in denial but deny no more - i have to face facts. no problems. ill keep the jar by its self.

I concur with mark, the pacu's shouldn't be in the trade they are way to big.
Why don't you go for a big school of tin foil barbs or cigar sharks that'd look impressive...
Would like to see some pics as well! :)

p.s. full grown pacu requires 3700+ litres on its own! It would be half the length of your tank when its grown and would be enormous.

i dont have pics yet, i havent received the tank. the filter system is a gravity trickle filter, 6000lph pump pumpswater out of the tank into a above filter, used in spa pools,then it goes through a trickle filter nto the tank
all in all the filtation is very sufficient, but i havent received the tank
just asking for ideas for now:D
prmise will put some up

i'm alittle tipsy :S right now so i came up with this crazy idea. though now that i think of it, it might work. you could try to sell of the jardini? and together with the 2 tanks. take the cash, and get yourself a big enough tank for an aro com. silvers are quite cheap so it shouldnt be that much :drinks:

lol
fair enough
but i want to collect fish, and jardinii is a collectors piece here in NZ
in fact in the last 10 years, i would say less than 12 has entered into the country!
there would be jsut a handful of jardinii in nz!
so keeping it is a collectors thing :)

its ok, i guess i just wont have aro comm now.
or a pacu:(

i have a jardini and i keep it with parrots. they are still alive and its been 3 years. yes the jar chases them around at times, but with some decorations/obstacles they will be safe.

why not get a giant gourami like me? much more civilized fish.

since you already have such a big tank, why not get an asian aro? so what if they are expensive, its fun to watch them get their color. and reds start off at around 3k for us in the US and they are illegal here too, but some slip in, hehehehee

I saw an asian Arowana SOLD at 50 quid at my lfs. It was quite big too, was a bargin and looked very nice.

In the other tank they have a gold arowana for 600 quid but it didn't look as nice.

Lol if you can get an asian aro for £50 then you need to snap it are my guess is that it was either a jardini ir a silver asian aint that cheap. And if the gold aro is still there at £600 go buy that aswell cost its worth £1600.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back