New here!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Maingano

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello!
Sometimes I find myself searching and asking questions about my aquariums on google which turns out to be, sometimes, rather unaffective. So I thought joining a forum with experienced people would be a great idea.
I have 2 fish tanks. (225 litres African Cichlid Tank and a 100 litres Planted Tank with tetras and livebearers).
Thanks for having me :)

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!
We'd love to see pictures of your aquariums if you are comfortable doing so.

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!
We'd love to see pictures of your aquariums if you are comfortable doing so.
I've been procrastinating to clean algae and prune my plants haha. I will probably do it next week. I'll make sure to send some photos here :D

I've been procrastinating to clean algae and prune my plants haha. I will probably do it next week. I'll make sure to send some photos here :D
Oh its fiiiine lol. My tank is also really ugly 😂
I had algae and dying plants... Still kinda do but I'm trying to fix the algae lol.

Can't wait to see it! Hopefully the algae clears. That stuff is so annoying

Oh its fiiiine lol. My tank is also really ugly 😂
I had algae and dying plants... Still kinda do but I'm trying to fix the algae lol.

Can't wait to see it! Hopefully the algae clears. That stuff is so annoying
Haha i come home everyday and look at it and think: "I should clean that algae . . . . But its not harmful for the fish..... yeah I'll do it tomorrow" 💀💀

Haha i come home everyday and look at it and think: "I should clean that algae . . . . But its not harmful for the fish..... yeah I'll do it tomorrow" 💀💀
That's what I did... I was like: "Its not harmful and the green on the rocks looks nice". Then it went onto the wood and plants and thats when it got serious lol.
Take the affected stuff out and put it in a strong hydrogen peroxide/water mix. Let it soak for a day or two. Then scrub it with a toothbrush in the bucket. My rocks look really good after I did that. (Don't do this to any living plant life though)

That's what I did... I was like: "Its not harmful and the green on the rocks looks nice". Then it went onto the wood and plants and thats when it got serious lol.
Take the affected stuff out and put it in a strong hydrogen peroxide/water mix. Let it soak for a day or two. Then scrub it with a toothbrush in the bucket. My rocks look really good after I did that. (Don't do this to any living plant life though)
Aha thats interesting. Forum is proving itself more useful already haha. Well thanks for the idea, since I'm taking rocks out to clean, I'm able to put some ideas together resescape lol
Thank you

Aha thats interesting. Forum is proving itself more useful already haha. Well thanks for the idea, since I'm taking rocks out to clean, I'm able to put some ideas together resescape lol
Thank you
Now I will say I also did a few other things to the rocks because while some of it died in the hydrogen peroxide, there were quite a few spots that didn't and even stayed on after scrubbing. If the peroxide doesn't work, add one cup of bleach in a bucket of 2-3 gallons of water, let it soak for a few hours (not a few days). Then you will rinse the rocks/bucket until you don't see the foam from it. Then soak the rocks 3-4 times in normal tap with a triple dose of dechlorinator (each soak will be about two days for that). If you still smell the bleach on them, then do it some more. But that's for extreme cases. Sure its a sure fire way to get rid of it, but it can be risky at times.
Just scrub REALLY well after its soaked in the hydrogen peroxide and you should be fine.

Hopefully you get a nice rescape out of it 😅

Welcome to TFF... :hi:
We'll be waiting for your tank photos once you've redone it...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back