New here!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SwimmieSue

Reaction score
Hi Fin Friends.
Anyone want to advise a returning 'love of fish keeping' lady?

Welcome to TFF👋

Fire away with any questions you would like any advise on.

Always someone willing to help 🙂
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I am setting up a beautiful kitchen counter book shelf German glass tank 3 gallon. I have a small kitchen, but want the finned friends as my new living visuals. I am planning on an aqua scape and added a substrate under my natural pebbles (small). Today the water turned yellow from tannins. I did a 1/3 water change. No fish yet. I'm just cycling the tank and reading books about aquariums. I know the tank is small, but want hardy beautiful fancy guppies. I have soft water too. No dark background but white marble. Stones are natural.
I'm still buying equipment, and will order plants online. Any help would be much appreciated!

I am setting up a beautiful kitchen counter book shelf German glass tank 3 gallon. I have a small kitchen, but want the finned friends as my new living visuals. I am planning on an aqua scape and added a substrate under my natural pebbles (small). Today the water turned yellow from tannins. I did a 1/3 water change. No fish yet. I'm just cycling the tank and reading books about aquariums. I know the tank is small, but want hardy beautiful fancy guppies. I have soft water too. No dark background but white marble. Stones are natural.
I'm still buying equipment, and will order plants online. Any help would be much appreciated!
Sounds a lovely little set up 🙂

With the tank only being 3 gallon it doesnt really give you much options for live stock. Sadly guppies need a larger tank and require hard water😔

I myself cant think of any suitable fish for a 3g. Some say a Betta would be ok but i think a 5g would be my limit. The best option i could suggest for you would be some small shrimp like cherrys.

Someone else maybe able to recommend some more options for you tho🙂

Well hi,
Welcome to TFF... :hi:
I know more people who have a tank in the kitchen... If I had the space in the kitchen, I'd do the same...

Yeah, I have some advice for you. Stick around. Lurk or participate but stick around. This is a very active forum with a lot of knowledgable aquarists and a lot of ordinary fish keepers that really like their fish more than just a little bit. This forum is not social media. Nay ! It is much more than that ! It is The Great TFF Forums ! Songs are sung and stories are told of the greatness found here.

Welcome to TFF

Good advice above, get a bigger tank...surely you can fit a 10G in that kitchen somewhere?

Not much you can do with 3G, besides maybe some shrimp and a snail

Hello fishy Friends,
My little tank in healthy and a home to two Leopard Danios so far.
I will add a pic soon.
I feel so happy to have these little fast swimmers, and they bring me such joy to care for them.:fish:

Hello fishy Friends,
I will add a pic soon.
I feel so happy to have these little fast swimmers, and they bring me such joy to care for them.:fish:
Sadly slapped Dennis need MUCH more room and they also need to be kept in groups... Their minimum tank size is 20 gallons and they need groups of 6 or more.
Three gallons is way to small for them. I would recommend returning them to the store

Hello and welcome to the forum!! I would apt for a group of cherry shrimp as they would be the happiest.
I will add a pic soon.
I am sorry to say but they need a minimum tank size of 20-30 gallons. If they are not in schools of at least 6-8 they can become really depressed. They are also very active as I'm sure you have found, and need a tank with a size to allow that activeness. A 3-gallon won't do that. You really need to research your species before getting them. I would recommend giving them back or rehoming them asap.

Instead, you would be surprised how cool and peaceful some colorful shrimp would be.

Attachments

• IMG_20221122_175006748_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221122_175006748_HDR.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 20

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back