New Here!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

NewFrogger

Reaction score
I guess I'm supposed to talk about my fish so here we go! Right now I have a betta - although maybe not for long. I actually joined TFF to ask a question because he is VERY sick and probably past saving. Aside from him, I had a betta a LONG time ago that I killed by over feeding (I still feel bad about that). A month ago, I had a Cory catfish who died suddenly of unknown causes, and an African Dwarf Frog who was very happy and healthy until my cat ate him (I feel less bad about that because he lived a happy life). I also had a frog for a few days that I overfed to death - but I finally learned my lesson about the feeding thing. I plan on getting a couple of dwarf frogs if and when my betta dies of its disease because at least that much I won't kill by accident now. I only have a five gallon tank but I love taking care of creatures and it's worth it to care for them the few years that they live.

I guess I'm supposed to talk about my fish so here we go! Right now I have a betta - although maybe not for long. I actually joined TFF to ask a question because he is VERY sick and probably past saving. Aside from him, I had a betta a LONG time ago that I killed by over feeding (I still feel bad about that). A month ago, I had a Cory catfish who died suddenly of unknown causes, and an African Dwarf Frog who was very happy and healthy until my cat ate him (I feel less bad about that because he lived a happy life). I also had a frog for a few days that I overfed to death - but I finally learned my lesson about the feeding thing. I plan on getting a couple of dwarf frogs if and when my betta dies of its disease because at least that much I won't kill by accident now. I only have a five gallon tank but I love taking care of creatures and it's worth it to care for them the few years that they live.
Iā€™m glad you learned how to properly feed. Itā€™s not easy at first.

Welcome fellow newbie! Sounds like you have had a rough time but like you said you gave it a go and you learned some things! Betta fish are difficult I have a sick one myself and itā€™s such a shame as they have been bred so much over the years their hardiness has suffered. As you probably are doing just keep that tank clean and keep your betta comfortable ā™„ļø If you can afford it would definitely recommend a larger tank - just from personal experience youā€™ll find the water parameters are more stable and more forgiving so itā€™ll ease the burden for you slightly ! Especially with frogs (not owned them myself but I imagine they could be messy eaters!) On the note of feeding itā€™s very difficult to say no to those cute little begging animals I feel your pain šŸ¤£

Welcome, I have not been here long but I have a green and golden bell frog which I raised from a tadpole nearly 1 year old. It makes me laugh and I'm quite fond of him/her now. When he was young I could hand feed him but as he got older he not to keen on that. I'm not even sure if he eating now. I have fish and I'm trying to grow some plants in the tank.

Welcome to TFF
Iā€™m also new and learning quick!

I keep a 62ltr(due an upgrade to 125ltr soon) with: 7 assorted mollies(couple with rare colour combos) and a Dwarf Gourami

Iā€™m at home a lot at the minute but go away Flying with work(I have friends in the know that will look after my fish)

From The Resident Fishy Pilot

Attachments

• D216B04B-F3CF-45D8-AB76-E6D297AE7A41.jpeg
    D216B04B-F3CF-45D8-AB76-E6D297AE7A41.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 29
  • A22FC6C2-FB04-41F7-8CA1-97F3C7DD5D82.jpeg
    A22FC6C2-FB04-41F7-8CA1-97F3C7DD5D82.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 3D78F7AD-D9C4-410F-A402-C25759F57A16.jpeg
    3D78F7AD-D9C4-410F-A402-C25759F57A16.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 06586903-2E5D-4057-8C82-E1BE97BE5993.jpeg