New Here And New Fish Owner

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kellie

Reaction score
Hello there!! My name is Kellie and I just today bout fish for my new tank and I was surfing the web to learn about my new pair and found this forum! My name is Kellie and I'm 20yrs olf in Arizona. I always had fish when I was kid but ever since I was 8 we had to move and I never had a tank since. So finally when I had the room and money I decided to get one. I bought a 20 gallon tank on saturday and then today I went to get my first pair. The rep at PetsMart reecommended Mollies, so I got a male and female dalmation molly (wish she wouldnt told be to get 3 I just read thats better :( ) But they seem to be good now exploring their new home. I'm just wo0rried about my female because she has these 2 little dark spots on her lower belly and the other fish keeps picking on her :( I hope they didnt give me a sick fish! I need a fighter haha. Itsd great to be here!!

Welcome kelly. Yes male mollies can be very pushy/horny to their female companions. I would recommend adding more decor for shelter for the female to hide in plus getting another 2 females in another week or so the lone female does not get stressed out. Then you can also experience fry(baby fish)!
PS: its tetra ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back