New guppies!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I recently got two male guppies. They had sooo many to pick from...I wanted 3 but was out of money that day.
I've been worrying myself for no reason
I prefer odd numbers better than evens, AND they had so many, but losing my car key put a stop to getting a third. Now I think it's too late to add another.

I have decided that 2 guppies, that are clearly besties, that swim together, politely stay out of each other's way, and don't fight or nip, are enough!

Why complicate things? Why worry if a third will be bullied? I am not interested in finding out! If I really want more guppies I can deal with that later. Right now I have 2 gorgeous guppies. I'm satisfied, that's enough. I may have to skip Fish Store Friday. Or, better yet, just go without any money.
:)
May I present my first 2 guppies ever:

20200520_214338.jpg

20200520_213837.jpg

20200520_213959.jpg
I

Beautiful. :)

Regarding the fish store friday....why skip and miss the chance for CFSG? Go without money and just look. Who knows you may just end up getting another free plant? ;)

Beautiful. :)

Regarding the fish store friday....why skip and miss the chance for CFSG? Go without money and just look. Who knows you may just end up getting another free plant? ;)
Well it was "just" frogbit.

Everyday I look into my fancy guppy tank and it seems like I see another new little fry and they are so cute, you do not know what you are missing. Of course I will have to someday pull all the females out and but them into another tank before they overrun my tank with fry.

Last edited:
I recently got two male guppies. They had sooo many to pick from...I wanted 3 but was out of money that day.
I've been worrying myself for no reason
I prefer odd numbers better than evens, AND they had so many, but losing my car key put a stop to getting a third. Now I think it's too late to add another.

I have decided that 2 guppies, that are clearly besties, that swim together, politely stay out of each other's way, and don't fight or nip, are enough!

Why complicate things? Why worry if a third will be bullied? I am not interested in finding out! If I really want more guppies I can deal with that later. Right now I have 2 gorgeous guppies. I'm satisfied, that's enough. I may have to skip Fish Store Friday. Or, better yet, just go without any money.
:)
May I present my first 2 guppies ever:

View attachment 104665

View attachment 104666

View attachment 104669I
Nice looking males... :good:
Just take your time to add more if you want to... I do understand the enthusiasm but patience is a good thing. And yes, why not just watching those fish at an lfs. I do the same thing without buying any...

It's great fun to go to the pet shops and just look without buying. Sometimes you will happen upon a fish you've never seen before.
Agreed!
Even if I'm only suppose to be going to the pet store to buy some food for our parrot, I will go to the fish department and watch those fish and plants. Even if nothing new came in...

There's only one downside to looking and not buying. I once happened upon a tank full of Festivum at a decent price but no room at home for them. I haven't seen them since
Well, that's something that can happen as well. But at least, you've got a memory... ;)
I didn't know you had a parrot?
Yes, I do... A small one. It's a Meyer's parrot (they originate from Africa).

Well, that's something that can happen as well. But at least, you've got a memory... ;)

Yes, I do... A small one. It's a Meyer's parrot (they originate from Africa).
Does it have a name?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back