What's new

New guppies!

vanalisa

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I recently got two male guppies. They had sooo many to pick from...I wanted 3 but was out of money that day.
I've been worrying myself for no reason
I prefer odd numbers better than evens, AND they had so many, but losing my car key put a stop to getting a third. Now I think it's too late to add another.

I have decided that 2 guppies, that are clearly besties, that swim together, politely stay out of each other's way, and don't fight or nip, are enough!

Why complicate things? Why worry if a third will be bullied? I am not interested in finding out! If I really want more guppies I can deal with that later. Right now I have 2 gorgeous guppies. I'm satisfied, that's enough. I may have to skip Fish Store Friday. Or, better yet, just go without any money.
:)
May I present my first 2 guppies ever:

20200520_214338.jpg

20200520_213837.jpg

20200520_213959.jpg
I

OP
vanalisa

vanalisa

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Beautiful. :)

Regarding the fish store friday....why skip and miss the chance for CFSG? Go without money and just look. Who knows you may just end up getting another free plant? ;)
Well it was "just" frogbit.

emeraldking

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I recently got two male guppies. They had sooo many to pick from...I wanted 3 but was out of money that day.
I've been worrying myself for no reason
I prefer odd numbers better than evens, AND they had so many, but losing my car key put a stop to getting a third. Now I think it's too late to add another.

I have decided that 2 guppies, that are clearly besties, that swim together, politely stay out of each other's way, and don't fight or nip, are enough!

Why complicate things? Why worry if a third will be bullied? I am not interested in finding out! If I really want more guppies I can deal with that later. Right now I have 2 gorgeous guppies. I'm satisfied, that's enough. I may have to skip Fish Store Friday. Or, better yet, just go without any money.
:)
May I present my first 2 guppies ever:

View attachment 104665

View attachment 104666

View attachment 104669I
Nice looking males... :good:
Just take your time to add more if you want to... I do understand the enthusiasm but patience is a good thing. And yes, why not just watching those fish at an lfs. I do the same thing without buying any...

emeraldking

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It's great fun to go to the pet shops and just look without buying. Sometimes you will happen upon a fish you've never seen before.
Agreed!
Even if I'm only suppose to be going to the pet store to buy some food for our parrot, I will go to the fish department and watch those fish and plants. Even if nothing new came in...

Back in the fold

Fish Herder
Reaction score
There's only one downside to looking and not buying. I once happened upon a tank full of Festivum at a decent price but no room at home for them. I haven't seen them since

emeraldking

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
There's only one downside to looking and not buying. I once happened upon a tank full of Festivum at a decent price but no room at home for them. I haven't seen them since
Well, that's something that can happen as well. But at least, you've got a memory... ;)
I didn't know you had a parrot?
Yes, I do... A small one. It's a Meyer's parrot (they originate from Africa).

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days