FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Guys, look at this picture, of my 5 gallon tank on July 31.....https://www.fishforums.net/threads/vote-now-august-2019-tank-of-the-month.453426/#post-3828719 also set one month later, this is what it looks like.....
image.jpg

It is crazy how fast this stuff grows! And the baby shrimp!!
image.jpg

Please tell me your thoughts on this tank, and if I could improve anything! :)

It needs to have the Anubias put back and some small driftwood in the front. Glad the shrimp are doing well!

I will add those changes. I am going to enter my 10 gallon tank for the TOTM contest. I can’t wait! :)

Oh, then put the Anubias in the 10 so it has plenty of plants. Let me see it before you enter it so I can give some final pointers. LOl!

You need less sand or to gravel clean the sand because it has black areas, which are anaerobic and these can poison shrimp or any bottom dwelling fish.

You can trim the Elodia and have more of it growing across the back. In the wild you regularly find entire ponds full of one or two species of plant and it looks quite good. Aquariums can also look really good if they have a single species of plant growing across the entire back of the tank.

To get cuttings from the Elodia, just use a pair of scissors and cut the stem about 6 inches from the top. Then put the cuttings into the substrate.

If you use a liquid iron based plant fertiliser, the plant should grow faster and you will be able to take more cuttings more often. I use Sera Florena but there are other brands too.

-----------------------
You need more danios too because your female is going to go insane on her own.

No copper in feet’s though or shrimp will die.

Oh, then put the Anubias in the 10 so it has plenty of plants. Let me see it before you enter it so I can give some final pointers. LOl!
Ok! I will PM when I get it cleaned. ;)

Good pointers @Colin_T, thanks! :)

It's a great tank. I like that little shrimp and I really like the Zebra Danio. That hollow rock thing with the holes is great too. One thing I have noticed on this great TFF Forum is the new (to me) practice of under population. I'm so used to seeing tanks that look like that mega city in Bladerunner that it really looks sparse in people's tanks these days. I like that. It's peaceful and if it looks peaceful then it just has to be so for the fish and shrimps.

Ok! It is sort of my “Shame tank”, my 10 gallon is my baby, lol. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back