New Goldfish Tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LucyB

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My new 48 litre Fancy Goldfish tank... Yes I am upgrading soon, this is temporary until they grow a little bigger and when I have enough money to upgrade :good:

(Yes it's cycled, I put the new filter media in with my 100litre tank filter for a while before I set it up) :p

Got the fish today! :kana:

This is Cali: (Because she is a calico goldfish... :hey: )
026-1.jpg

Pablo:
032-2.jpg

And Smokey:
015-2.jpg

024.jpg

And here they are enjoying their new tank! (Please ignore the nasty air bubbles on the back of the tank...Will fix that soon):blush:
014-5.jpg

039-1.jpg

030-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

038.jpg

Tell me what you think! :nod:

not to be mean but it is really overstocked unless you plan on putting them in 160l soon as am pretty sure that fancy goldfish require 80l for the first fish and 40l of water for each fish after that. other than that it looks nice.

not to be mean but it is really overstocked unless you plan on putting them in 160l soon as am pretty sure that fancy goldfish require 80l for the first fish and 40l of water for each fish after that. other than that it looks nice.

Yes I am upgrading soon, this is temporary until they grow a little bigger and when I have enough money to upgrade :good:

Tell me what you think! :nod:
[/quote]
is smokey a panda oranda? nice pebbles and tbh only just upgraded my tank as had bought for my daughter then did some research and almost fell over plus some help from peeps here now gonna sit back and wait for them to get huge in there nice big one but gonna keep it as just 2 fancies for now bubble's (red oranda) and gizmo(black moor):good:

They are lovely fish :)

I don't normally do this but I feel I should say, because I've done EXACTLY the same thing. I kept just two fancies in the same 48L as yours and one only lasted 6-7 months and the other was gone in another 8 months after that. The problem is that a tank that size just can't support that many goldfish or even one goldfish. I could never get my water parameters right over the whole period I had them and I was such a beginner I didn't really know any better (it was before I found the forum). You'll probably need to do at least twice weekly 50% water changes in order to keep the water fresh, more would be better. Now when I look back I know it was a very slow death for my fish and it was purely incorrect water and tank conditions that killed them.

I'm really sorry for being so negative I do wish you luck with them as they are very pretty fellas :) I hope you get the bigger tank soon, it's going to need to be a LOT bigger :good:

A new tank is needed, for sure.

L just start looking on craigslist for good deals on used setups. You can often find complete 55G tanks for $150-$300. Some fish stores run sales for $1/gallon on tanks too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back