New gold mystery snail not moving

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Lax213...

Reaction score
Hi! I got a new gold mystery snail yesterday. I drip acclimated her to the water in my tank and she was doing great moving around and climbing in the small tank I had her in to get adjusted. After 5 hours I moved her into the actual tank, I have another mystery snail in it whose very active(had him for a couple months already with no issues!) so I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with my water parameters since my other snail is doing great. Iā€™m just worried that she might be dead since her foot is all the way into her shell and she hasnā€™t moved at all but Iā€™m confused because she did so well in the drip acclimated water. The tank has a filter and I changed the water a couple days ago. Any advice would be helpful!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 60
i am honestly not an expert in snails but i say you should wait like a day and a half to see if it moves, if not itā€™s probably dead. try and contact someone who is an expert in snails to see if this is normal?

I just recently got a new snail for my tank and when I put him in, he quickly climbed one of the walls and didn't move for over a day! After that he was zooming around the tank like normal. I think it might be something to do with the snail acclimating to the new water parameters as some snails can be very stressed by even a slight change. I recommend waiting a day or two and if the problem persists, we can think of something else, but that likely won't happen. He is out of his shell and stuck to the wall of the tank in the second picture so he isn't dead (I assume he is still on the wall). Did you acclimate him before adding him? Just make sure that the water is stable, and if you do water changes, that the temperature of the new water is the same as the water in the tank. Keep us posted! Best wishes, Nele.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back