New glo-betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
IMO, the glo betta is just plain ugly. Why take such a beautiful creature and do that to them???

IMO, the glo betta is just plain ugly. Why take such a beautiful creature and do that to them???
Why turn a short fin fish into a long fin fish?
Betta splendens is meant to be a short finned fish.

Why hybridise different Betta species to get more colours?
Siamese fighting fish are a hybrid fish made from Betta splendens, Betta imbellis and several other small Betta species.

People want something that is different and a fish that glows in the dark and has long fins, well, who doesn't want that (besides most Betta fanciers that keep long finned mutant hybrids)?

I was in Petco today and they had the new glo-betta on display, It was lime green in color but I am sure there are more colors on the way.
So what was the price on these genetically modified Betas? I believe they add $10 or more to the price of a normal Beta.

Females are $9.99. Males start at $19.99 and go up to $29.99. :oops:

So what was the price on these genetically modified Betas? I believe they add $10 or more to the price of a normal Beta.
I didn't check they had a special display with about 12 -16 of them in those small cups with a sign with big letters saying "glo-betta are here" as you walk into the store but the price was not visible.

Why turn a short fin fish into a long fin fish?
Betta splendens is meant to be a short finned fish.

Why hybridise different Betta species to get more colours?
Siamese fighting fish are a hybrid fish made from Betta splendens, Betta imbellis and several other small Betta species.

People want something that is different and a fish that glows in the dark and has long fins, well, who doesn't want that (besides most Betta fanciers that keep long finned mutant hybrids)?
I understand Betta are already bread and cross bread to what people want ,it is sad that they do not try and improve the fish, make it able to adapt better to changes or calm them down so they do not try and kill each other. Do things to improve their lives but I suppose there is no money in that.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back