New Girl on the Block

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Just Add Water

Reaction score
Hello from Indiana. Just bought a 5 gal ERAAK kit and in the process of set up. So far only Fluval Bio Stratum and faux drift wood. Iā€™ve dechlorinated the water and have added API Quick Start. Plants are on the way. I plan to start my cycle soon. I need to get some Ammonia first.
As a young teen I had a second hand 5-7 gal my mom gave me. I kept Tetras. I eventually saved up and upgraded to a 10g. After I married and we had kids I introduced them to my love of aquariums. Back then it was just add water dechlorinator and throw some fish in. We enjoyed them for many years. I must have done something right because all 3 of my boys have kept fish or currently have them now.
I was reintroduced to my love of aquariums about a year ago when my youngest son set up a 50 gal saltwater system at his house. I got the bug again to keep an aquarium. Iā€™ve been reading and researching and learning so much recently. Man, so much I never knew!! Iā€™m excited to try live plants this time around, as I have a green thumb and lots of plants in my home and yard. It just makes sense to broaden my plant skills and learn aquatics.
Anyway, sorry for rambling. Looking forward to learning a new way of keeping plants and fish!

Attachments

• 2018FE74-5EC8-485A-8408-BB376F3F1D83.jpeg
    2018FE74-5EC8-485A-8408-BB376F3F1D83.jpeg
    282.5 KB · Views: 19
Hello from Indiana. Just bought a 5 gal ERAAK kit and in the process of set up. So far only Fluval Bio Stratum and faux drift wood. Iā€™ve dechlorinated the water and have added API Quick Start. Plants are on the way. I plan to start my cycle soon. I need to get some Ammonia first.
As a young teen I had a second hand 5-7 gal my mom gave me. I kept Tetras. I eventually saved up and upgraded to a 10g. After I married and we had kids I introduced them to my love of aquariums. Back then it was just add water dechlorinator and throw some fish in. We enjoyed them for many years. I must have done something right because all 3 of my boys have kept fish or currently have them now.
I was reintroduced to my love of aquariums about a year ago when my youngest son set up a 50 gal saltwater system at his house. I got the bug again to keep an aquarium. Iā€™ve been reading and researching and learning so much recently. Man, so much I never knew!! Iā€™m excited to try live plants this time around, as I have a green thumb and lots of plants in my home and yard. It just makes sense to broaden my plant skills and learn aquatics.
Anyway, sorry for rambling. Looking forward to learning a new way of keeping plants and fish!
Hello Just. Colorado here. Spent some summer time in West Laffayette. Whoa! The heat was unbelievable and what rain storms you have! Anyway, good luck with your tank. I never got the hang of keeping small tanks. Have fun!

10 Tanks

Hello! Welcome to TFF! I hope you enjoy your time :)
Feel free to message me anytime to just chat!

Welcome to TFF!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back