New fry and injured shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cmhassinger

Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
so something happened to my little red crystal shrimp I think maybe his legs and antenna are broken. :( So I moved him to a net breeder because I didn’t want the other shrimp to try and pick on him. He is in another spot this morning so I guess he is still alive! Well this morning I have endler fry!! The female endler is the only fish in the tank. Should I move the fry in the breeder with the injured shrimp? Or will he eventually eat the fry? I kinda want the breeder out of the tank since it’s a small 3.5 gallon and it takesup the whole tank. But want to keep everyone safe! And this is all new to me.

I doubt your shrimp will make it if he has a broken leg :(

I have a guppy/shrimp tank, the guppies have had over 30 fry in the past 3 months and just had another group. So far the ghost shrimp seem to leave them alone.

I have a guppy/shrimp tank, the guppies have had over 30 fry in the past 3 months and just had another group. So far the ghost shrimp seem to leave them alone.
They will catch and eat slow fry or other shrimp so I wouldnt reccomend having them in a small confined space such as a breeder box

Actually they do regenerate legs. It takes one or 2 moly’s before it grows back.
Interesting. Mine have never made it. Good to know. Always something to learn :)

Well my shrimp died but I decided not to put the fry in the net breeder they are in the tank with mama and my shrimp but it’s a planted tank with plenty of hiding spots. It’s been several days and all are healthy and active! This is my first experience with fry so it’s fun to watch them grow!

Well my shrimp died but I decided not to put the fry in the net breeder they are in the tank with mama and my shrimp but it’s a planted tank with plenty of hiding spots. It’s been several days and all are healthy and active! This is my first experience with fry so it’s fun to watch them grow!
Fry are always so exciting to watch. I love watching them develop markings and colors over time

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back