New fry and injured shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

cmhassinger

Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
so something happened to my little red crystal shrimp I think maybe his legs and antenna are broken. :( So I moved him to a net breeder because I didnā€™t want the other shrimp to try and pick on him. He is in another spot this morning so I guess he is still alive! Well this morning I have endler fry!! The female endler is the only fish in the tank. Should I move the fry in the breeder with the injured shrimp? Or will he eventually eat the fry? I kinda want the breeder out of the tank since itā€™s a small 3.5 gallon and it takesup the whole tank. But want to keep everyone safe! And this is all new to me.

I doubt your shrimp will make it if he has a broken leg :(

I have a guppy/shrimp tank, the guppies have had over 30 fry in the past 3 months and just had another group. So far the ghost shrimp seem to leave them alone.

I have a guppy/shrimp tank, the guppies have had over 30 fry in the past 3 months and just had another group. So far the ghost shrimp seem to leave them alone.
They will catch and eat slow fry or other shrimp so I wouldnt reccomend having them in a small confined space such as a breeder box

Actually they do regenerate legs. It takes one or 2 molyā€™s before it grows back.
Interesting. Mine have never made it. Good to know. Always something to learn :)

Well my shrimp died but I decided not to put the fry in the net breeder they are in the tank with mama and my shrimp but itā€™s a planted tank with plenty of hiding spots. Itā€™s been several days and all are healthy and active! This is my first experience with fry so itā€™s fun to watch them grow!

Well my shrimp died but I decided not to put the fry in the net breeder they are in the tank with mama and my shrimp but itā€™s a planted tank with plenty of hiding spots. Itā€™s been several days and all are healthy and active! This is my first experience with fry so itā€™s fun to watch them grow!
Fry are always so exciting to watch. I love watching them develop markings and colors over time

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back