New forum idea—for kids?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

hurgerburger

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This was an idea that just occurred to me the other day, but maybe we could set up a new section of the forum for kids who need help with fish tanks? I noticed that a lot of the newcomers here seem to be <13, and since they can't buy their own stuff and might need more patience, it might be nice to have a forum dedicated just to kids and tweens. What are your guys's thoughts?

Its a nice idea but from a safeguarding point of view having a section that specifically singles out children is probably not a great plan.
And why is that???

This was an idea that just occurred to me the other day, but maybe we could set up a new section of the forum for kids who need help with fish tanks? I noticed that a lot of the newcomers here seem to be <13, and since they can't buy their own stuff and might need more patience, it might be nice to have a forum dedicated just to kids and tweens. What are your guys's thoughts?
I think its a great idea!!!

Its a nice idea but from a safeguarding point of view having a section that specifically singles out children is probably not a great plan.
very true. There might be a way to make it safe, like maybe having a thing ask for age when you sign up? but idk if that's foolproof

Really? That young? I thought they were teens.

This was an idea that just occurred to me the other day, but maybe we could set up a new section of the forum for kids who need help with fish tanks?
There are a lot of children in the Forum and you just need to get used to it. ;)

I noticed that a lot of the newcomers here seem to be <13, and since they can't buy their own stuff and might need more patience...
An inability to buy stuff, a lack of patience, together with an inability to learn are not characteristics unique to children.

it might be nice to have a forum dedicated just to kids and tweens. What are your guys's thoughts?
If there was a new section, specifically for children, I can guarantee you that not one of them would stick to it and they'd continue to post elsewhere in the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back