New Fishes Behaving Weirdly

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

qwertylol52

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok..i just bought 3 platys, 2 rams and 2 small corys...i acclimatised them correctly...floated the bag in the water for an hour and added my tank water into the bag to let them get used to my tank water...after an hour more i released them into the tank, now my newly bough fishes are very lifeless...they just sit at the tank and not swimming round much...my new patys are also swimming near the surface of the water but they are not gasping for air...jus near the water surface...ALL my fishes including the new ones look healthy. fins tails gills and skin look good. eating well too but why are they so lifeless???

tank size: 40 gall
stockings: 6 platys, 3 corys, 2 golden ram and 1 small plec that my LFS said will not grow too big

ammonia:0ppm
nitrite:0ppm
nitrate: roughly 15 ppm

need help pls..thanks

Could just be stress from the move - give them some time to settle down. Leave the lights out too.

You will need to keep that nitrAte as low as possible for the rams - below 20ppm if possible :good:

You have just more than doubled your bioload on that tank. If it was recently cycled, that will be hard for your biofilter to respond to. Keep a close eye on ammonia, nitrites and nitrates until the likely mini-cycle has finished. You need to be prepared to do some large and frequent water changes until things get caught up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back