New fish!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AdoraBelle Dearheart

Nutty fish nutter
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I got my first pleco! Had to share.

Unfortunately, he/she's hiding behind the filter right now and impossible to get a photo, so photo credit to D and L Tropicals. I got a Starlight, L183 pleco! Absolutely love this colouring, stunning fish. He's in quarantine right now, will go in the 57 gallon tank eventually.

starlightPleco.jpg

Oof! You're right, he/she is a stunner! Is that a new lump of wood too?
LOL not my photo or wood ;)

Mine is only small, and is not co-operating for me to get a photo, so this is a photo I stole just to show how they look! I gave photo credit :D

Beautiful, can't wait to see photos of your own
Thank you! I hope I can get photos of mine too. Never had a pleco before, I don't know how long they take to settle in to a new tank. The batch he's from was captive bred at least, hoping to bait him to come out and pose for the camera soon with some courgette or cucumber. He's in quarantine right now too.

I'm rubbish at naming pets, so if anyone has any suggestions, they'd be very welcome! Too young to tell the sex. I don't want him/her to be stuck with the name Star, since it's a starlight pleco, and my stupid brain can't think of anything else right now. But there's no rush to name him I guess, perhaps see what personality shines through and what sticks.

I'm rubbish at naming pets, so if anyone has any suggestions, they'd be very welcome!
Space Force!

(Just kidding... :rofl: )

Hmmm... I like the name “Black Hole”.

Beautiful! Plecos like that are rare at my LFS and in most stores here. Lucky grab. ;)

Space Force!

(Just kidding... :rofl: )

Hmmm... I like the name “Black Hole”.

Beautiful! Plecos like that are rare at my LFS and in most stores here. Lucky grab. ;)
I wouldn't be able to name any pet "something hole" without snickering every time I said it... ;) :lol:

Thanks! I'd been eyeing them for weeks, I restrained myself at first, and figured they'd be gone quickly anyway. But they've had them for a while, turns out they place a huge order so despite selling well, they still had a lot. The store guys are going to be trying to breed them. Both workers there today each had two in their own tanks.

I kept going back to the pictures of them after seeing them in the store, so did some reading up and tank planning, and decided that if they still had any when I took my livebearer young in today, that I'd count that as fate and get one. So 'Black Hole' joined my fishy family :lol:

I wouldn't be able to name any pet "something hole" without snickering every time I said it... ;) :lol:

Thanks! I'd been eyeing them for weeks, I restrained myself at first, and figured they'd be gone quickly anyway. But they've had them for a while, turns out they place a huge order so despite selling well, they still had a lot. The store guys are going to be trying to breed them. Both workers there today each had two in their own tanks.

I kept going back to the pictures of them after seeing them in the store, so did some reading up and tank planning, and decided that if they still had any when I took my livebearer young in today, that I'd count that as fate and get one. So 'Black Hole' joined my fishy family :lol:
LOL, you make a good point... :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back