IMG20210225203411.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG20210225203416.jpg
    IMG20210225203416.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2021-02-26-00-17-55-71.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-26-00-17-55-71.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 40
Wow, those are some gorgeous plecos! You get some really exciting species there. My LFS doesn't often have plecos like that in stock.

I managed to get a couple of photos of Orion earlier, gotta find the cable for my camera, will try to upload them later. I had to clean the sponge filter so he moved, and seemed to be cleaning the glass, so was able to snap a few pics. Now he's settled on the back of a piece of driftwood.

Also managed to put a tape measure next to him, he's just about 4 cm/an inch and a half long including tail. Wee little babbie!

Wow, those are some gorgeous plecos! You get some really exciting species there. My LFS doesn't often have plecos like that in stock.

I managed to get a couple of photos of Orion earlier, gotta find the cable for my camera, will try to upload them later. I had to clean the sponge filter so he moved, and seemed to be cleaning the glass, so was able to snap a few pics. Now he's settled on the back of a piece of driftwood.

Also managed to put a tape measure next to him, he's just about 4 cm/an inch and a half long including tail. Wee little babbie!
How much longer is Orion Martin is in QT for? Is he going in what was your dad's tank

Ziggy! Why didn't I think of that? That one might stick, big Bowie fan!

How much longer is Orion Martin is in QT for? Is he going in what was your dad's tank

Nor sure how long, still making sure that tank is stable after the crisis that happened. Ziggy was quarantined in the fish store, in a tank that wasn't attached to a shared sump system, but had it's own sponge filter. They've been healthy in there for about a month I think, so I'm not really worried about quarantine. Once tank is stable and filters sorted, will remove a load of fry from that big tank, then move cories and Ziggy to the 57 gallon, like a switch so the bioload will be about the same. Then the fry can go in the quarantine/grow-out tank.

When Ziggy was hiding behind the sponge filter yesterday, this is the best photo I could get! lol
DSCF5550.JPG

Managed to get some clearer ones today since I had to clean the sponge filter.
DSCF5650.JPG
DSCF5655.JPG
DSCF5677.JPG
DSCF5699.JPG
DSCF5721.JPG
DSCF5743.JPG

Fake plants here only because it's the quarantine/grow-out tank that has a terrible light, real plants die in there. The main tanks have real plants.

DSCF5752.JPG
DSCF5754.JPG

He's a beauty for sure. One of my three is an Orion too! Probably my favourite of the species I keep.
Do yours hide a lot? I'm hoping he'll come out and about more as he settles in and gets bigger!

Do yours hide a lot? I'm hoping he'll come out and about more as he settles in and gets bigger!
That is the one downside to them, they are more timid that other bristlenose. I've had my three for maybe 4 or 5 years and I don't see much of them. One of the females hides a little less than the others but she isn't outgoing in the way my albinos are. But for me that just makes a sighting all the more exciting. That tends to be the overall trend with starlights, but there will be a few that will be less shy. Hopefully that will be the case with your one.

Most reactions

trending

Back