FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

madmonkey04

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm Alex I already have two tanks and I am looking to buy a good large or medium sized tank we are talking from 20Lto 60L
does anyone know a website were I can get good cheap and good quality fish tanks from. Really cheap filters and equipment at low prices.
Preferably an English company or one that delivers world wide.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi, your best bets are the classifieds section on this forum (at the bottom of the home page), Aquarist Classifieds, Ebay or Gumtree. Second hand tanks are often in good condition - particularly the branded ones.

Wills

Wills said:
Hi, your best bets are the classifieds section on this forum (at the bottom of the home page), Aquarist Classifieds, Ebay or Gumtree. Second hand tanks are often in good condition - particularly the branded ones.

Wills
Could you post a link please.

Hello.

I'd advise you to get the largest tank you can afford and have the space for.

20 litres  / 5 US gal is quite a small tank so you would be limited in stocking choices, basically a betta splenden, perhaps snails or a shrimp tank set up. No many small fish would fit comfortably in a tank of that size.

60 litres / 15 US gals would be a much better choice and the choices for stocking option increases greatly compared to a 20 litre tank.

There are a few sites you can go to for cheaper tanks, online auction sites such as eBay is one example. Cheaper tanks tend to be second hand and is worth checking out as we as having filtration and heating equipment for tropical fish.

While I was typing this, Wills has replied with other decent options and are perfectly good sites.

Google or search for eBay or Aquarist Classifieds on your internet, that should lead you to these sites.

Ch4rlie said:
Hello.

I'd advise you to get the largest tank you can afford and have the space for.

20 litres  / 5 US gal is quite a small tank so you would be limited in stocking choices, basically a betta splenden, perhaps snails or a shrimp tank set up. No many small fish would fit comfortably in a tank of that size.

60 litres / 15 US gals would be a much better choice and the choices for stocking option increases greatly compared to a 20 litre tank.

There are a few sites you can go to for cheaper tanks, online auction sites such as eBay is one example. Cheaper tanks tend to be second hand and is worth checking out as we as having filtration and heating equipment for tropical fish.

While I was typing this, Wills has replied with other decent options and are perfectly good sites.

Google or search for eBay or Aquarist Classifieds on your internet, that should lead you to these sites.
Thank you.

I get my tanks from gumtree there's some good deals on there. You can easily pick up a 60 litre for about £30.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back