New Fish Shop Scotland

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hi Guys Thanks for the support . will keep you posted .. may put a small quartine tank together as i am off tomorrow just incase it is a fish restock .. cos they aint going near my last 3 fish till i know its safe.

hahahaha :good: Good thinking :) In fairness though, I doubt that he did this on purpose he wants his business to thrive, and im sure it still can, but he needs to keep his customers happy, and if for example its a bad batch "He" has recieved. then he needs to sort this NOW and compensate properly.

But no LFS can expect to sell a load of dodgy crap and then when it kills peoples life hobbies expect them not to come back.

He needs to have a think about how he operates and where he gets his stock before he thinks about opening another shop :) i feel sorry for the DivePhoto he was so happy about this LFS and would have been a regular customer,

but instead this guy has played his cards terribly and drove him away.
Yeh i agree that he didn't do this on purpose . But he should be accountable for the stock he is selling . Because like every other salty we spend lots in LFS for our love of marine . and he will get a bad reputationat this early stage in trading .. not good for business

hahahaha :good: Good thinking :) In fairness though, I doubt that he did this on purpose he wants his business to thrive, and im sure it still can, but he needs to keep his customers happy, and if for example its a bad batch "He" has recieved. then he needs to sort this NOW and compensate properly.

But no LFS can expect to sell a load of dodgy crap and then when it kills peoples life hobbies expect them not to come back.

He needs to have a think about how he operates and where he gets his stock before he thinks about opening another shop :) i feel sorry for the DivePhoto he was so happy about this LFS and would have been a regular customer,

but instead this guy has played his cards terribly and drove him away.
Yeh i agree that he didn't do this on purpose . But he should be accountable for the stock he is selling . Because like every other salty we spend lots in LFS for our love of marine . and he will get a bad reputationat this early stage in trading .. not good for business

You are 100% correct mate :) you would have been an amazing customer, and he needs to treat you properly now!! This is shocking how he is expecting to treating you.

I think the guy needs reminding about the damage his business could suffer if he doesnt settle up properly with a customer who's a member of a FISH forum.

Word gets round pretty quick on forums and it could hit his business financially when he starts losing custom.

Get your torches and pick forks ready! Lol

Well still waiting .. Phoned Dobbies today ,, and surprise surprise , The manager was off ???. did talk to his assistant who phoned the boss??? and then got back to me ,To say that the manager has to consult with head office regarding this ??? so a week and a half after getting my water tested and i am still no further forward .. NOT A GOOD ADVERT FOR DOBBIES ...

Hopefully the assistant will tell the manager that out of common curtousy he should have answered my last 4 e-mails.. will keep you all up to date when i hear anything ......

my next step will be head office ....

really gettin peed off

Well still waiting .. Phoned Dobbies today ,, and surprise surprise , The manager was off ???. did talk to his assistant who phoned the boss??? and then got back to me ,To say that the manager has to consult with head office regarding this ??? so a week and a half after getting my water tested and i am still no further forward .. NOT A GOOD ADVERT FOR DOBBIES ...

Hopefully the assistant will tell the manager that out of common curtousy he should have answered my last 4 e-mails.. will keep you all up to date when i hear anything ......

really gettin peed off

Keep pushing them mate. Ring again and and tell the managers skivvy if you dont get compensation within x amount of days, you'll consider legal action. I know it sounds petty but it should make him get up off his @rse and do something about it.

If all else fails there's still plan B.....................Pitch forks at the ready! lol

really gettin peed off

Keep pushing them mate. Ring again and and tell the managers skivvy if you dont get compensation within x amount of days, you'll consider legal action. I know it sounds petty but it should make him get up off his @rse and do something about it.

If all else fails there's still plan B.....................Pitch forks at the ready! lol

i like your style

There hoping that your going to drop it! Dont!!! Stick too your guns mate :) good luck :good: Wish i could go round there aswell haha

Well .. Recieved a letter from the Area Manager complete with £50 worth of coupons .. Basicly thats my lot .. so now next step is head office ??? . But meantime i will have to restock my tank so off to Maidenhead Aquatics in glasgow .. never lost any of there fish ..

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS
Stevie

Well .. Recieved a letter from the Area Manager complete with £50 worth of coupons .. Basicly thats my lot .. so now next step is head office ??? . But meantime i will have to restock my tank so off to Maidenhead Aquatics in glasgow .. never lost any of there fish ..

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS
Stevie

What a joke they are!.........If your going to re stock then keep reciepts of the livestock you buy and pass it on to head office. Threat'n the gits with legal action!

As said above, Dont give up! Head office it is. Tell them about us here, and the impact things like this can have. Also like said keep receipts for all your livestock purchased to replace the lost. So that you have proof for reimbursements.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

dobbies livi would have been my local to. i bought a torch coral from there bout a month back. as my tank is just comming to end of it fallow period after getting brook with my clowns (from another shop not dobbies) which wiped out all my stock. so was hoping to use dobbies to start stocking. may have to check out the dobbies at the clyde valley now see what there like

Well Guys here is the latest .. contacted the area manager ... no joy .. so contacted the director .. who has come back with the negetive attatude £50 and thats there final offer .. But the best thing is they have the cheek to say that they won't sell me fish till they check my water .. I think i have already told them that i am not confident on purchasing any fish from them till i test there water ..
I can't believe how they have treated me and barred me from buying fish ????

THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO TREAT CUSTOMERS​
[/center]

As a warning to future customers of DOBBIES Livingston, Beware if you have a compliant cos they don't give a sh*T ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS

GOOD LUCK and THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT​

dobbies livi would have been my local to. i bought a torch coral from there bout a month back. as my tank is just comming to end of it fallow period after getting brook with my clowns (from another shop not dobbies) which wiped out all my stock. so was hoping to use dobbies to start stocking. may have to check out the dobbies at the clyde valley now see what there like
Hi Weejen .. Please drop in to Dobbies Livingston .. and have a look .. All there stuff looks good .. All i am saying is, beware if you have a compliant .. Hopefully there tanks will have cycled and settled by now????
I don't have confidence in there livestock and they have lost a potentialy good customer .
If your local drop in to dobbies and let me know how you get on , Hopefully i am the only one they have Pi**d off
take care..

Most reactions

trending

Back