New fish!!!!(picture)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi I brought home 3 pearl gourami from my LFS yesterday. I was supposed to get 4-5 but I will see how it goes with the 1m 2f. I knew they were pretty fish but I never really looked at them in person and they are 10x better!! My tank is still a bit cloudy and when I go at the front of my tank they hide at up at the back of the tank but when I go away they explore the entire tank... Anyway here they are!!!! :
20200425_114458.jpg
20200425_114342.jpg
20200425_114447.jpg

I always wanted those type of gouramis but I havent seen them at my LFS so I just stick my with my blue gourami. Your gouramis are so amazing I love the colors.

Very nice sparkling Gouramis! Are they aggressive towards smaller fish?

They look like they have clamped fins and the female in the second picture looks like she has excess mucous on the edge of her tail.

Check the ammonia, nitrite & nitrate, and do a 75% water change if there is any reading above 0.

They look like they have clamped fins and the female in the second picture looks like she has excess mucous on the edge of her tail.

Check the ammonia, nitrite & nitrate, and do a 75% water change if there is any reading above 0.
She could just look that way because she is swimming. :)

She could just look that way because she is swimming. :)
Im gonna agree. The photos were taken of a moving, swimming fish and many gourami keep their fins closed when swimming forward. Mine do. And a phone photo often blurs the lines of things in motion.

I dont see any excess mucus in any of the photos, just blurs from the moving fish

They look very healthy in person, it is the bad camera, fish moving and cloudy water (now totally clear) that give this impression :)

I think my pearl gourami are eating fungus on my wood. Is that normal? I didn't expect this type of fish to do that, it is very interesting to see

I have my adult Pearl Gouramis with Neon Tetras. Never any problem. They are very gentle fish. Even amongst themselves. As they become more settled, their colors will get move intense. Especially the male with his red.

Meg 0000, beautiful gourami’s! I had 3 gourami’s several years ago in a community tank. Eventually 2 of them died but the third lived on for quite a while. It got huge and eventually became aggressive and began killing my other fish. When I asked at the pet store about this I was told they are some of the more aggressive fish. Now, I don’t know about that, but, I do know that in my case it eventually did happen. So, maybe best to keep them in a tank with some type of less expensive fish. Good luck!

What species of gourami did you have?

Some gouramis are more aggressive than others. The varieties of 3 spot (gold, blue, opaline etc) are at the aggressive end of the spectrum with dwarfs not far behind. Pearls and honeys are at the less aggressive end of the spectrum.

I've had pearls with espe's rasboras (Trigonostigma espei) and Daisy's ricefish (Oryzias woworae) for about 3 months now and so far there have been no problems.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back