New Fish I.d Thought I Had It Cracked But Yet Again Bloody Wrong.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mark7616

potatoes
Reaction score
Rigt bought threee new fish today thought i had it cracked and bought what they were meant to be but im wrong again.
right i think im right in saying this is a female metriclima estharae???

Now this one im hoping isnt another bloody Metriaclima lombardoi as it is quiet dark blue rather than purple?

This one i was told was a blue dolphin but think i may have been told a porkie? 2 pics of this one

hello mark. here you will find your new cichlids http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/estherae.htm

also that fish could be a baby mori but that, what looks like ann egg spot, is making me doubt it. I have 11 of these fish and they can grow quite large. it, along with your aolonacara needs a different diet to the mbuna. take it you didnt read the article I sent you on the other thread.mbuna Vs happs.

heres a list of some of my mbuna cichlids that would be suitable for your tank, go onto

http://www.malawimayhem.com/

and you can find all you need to know about each different cichlid, try it it really does help in chosing the best suited fish.

Pseudotropheus socolofi
pseudotropheus elongatus blue
pseudotropheus elongatus (red)
pseudotropheus acei
elongatus mpanga
tropheops chilumba
maylandia hajomalandi
maylandia zebra gold (mundola reef)
metriaclima zebra
labidochromis caeruleus

Yeah i realise that mate but as i said earlier its not that easy doing that out here thats why i was asking for some help to i.d these fish that i have posted pitures of.

bud, i have already given you a website with two of your fish on there, yes the metriaclima zebras are fine, it looks like you got a male and a female, and like i have said i dont think that picture of a mori, is a mori, the egg spot puts me off. have you a better photo of it?

This one i was told was a blue dolphin but think i may have been told a porkie? 2 pics of this one

these were your words!

sorry mate weve have both lost each other here the 1st pic the orange one is a metriclima zebra and the 2nd pic the blue stripey one is what? its not a zebra as it has a black line through its dorsal fin and the 3rd the one i was told is a dolphin i dont have a clue what it is?

1st pic is defintaely a Metriaclima Estherae
2nd pic look like a Pseudotropheus Elongatus (could do with a better pic though to be sure)
Need a better pic for the 3rd one

I dont know what that is bud, could be another Metriaclima Estherae, but i dont think its a blue mori, the head has too much of a slope on it.?????????

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back