New Fish For Me

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Inchworm

Li'l Ole Fish Lady
Reaction score
For what seems the longest time I've been wanting to get a group of genuine C. trilineatus. I'd look every time I went to an lfs but never had very good luck. I would see corys that were other look-alike species and some were quite nice. I bought C102s and another species that Coryologist identified as either C. leopardus or C128. And I'm sure I've seen some trilineatus in the stores but when I did they were too small, or looked sickly, or picked over. They weren't ones I wanted for my tanks.

Harlequins posted so frequently about hers that I really got to wanting them. It seemed everyone had them but me. Finally, Coryologist offered some of his at auction and I could not pass the opportunity up. Now I am convinced that I have healthy fish who are not fake juliis, look-alike fish, or hard to identify species.

Here they are: the real thing from Coryologist. :D

Ctrilineatus9-18-10.jpg

Ctrilineatus9-18-10b.jpg

And here they are, all lined up for us to admire them. :)

Ctrilineatus9-29-20.jpg

Aren't they nice? :unsure:

Great addition to your collection :good:

James.

Congratulations! These are nice....hope they perform for you.

BTW, how much does the shipping from the Coryologist cost? I was going to bid on one of his listings too, emailed him asking, but did not get a reply. (Last time I gave my Fedex shipping account to another person, it ended up more than $100).

aw absolutely gorgeous!! i love them. trying to find some near me to get that are true trili's
james

BTW, how much does the shipping from the Coryologist cost?
Shipping costs are determined by 4 factors: the physical dimensions of the box, the total weight, the distance travelled and the level of service requested. You pay actual shipping charges with no add-ons of any kind.

I was going to bid on one of his listings too, emailed him asking, but did not get a reply.
If you tried contacting me via the AB email system, there's a strong possibility that mail never reached me. That system does have its problems, on occasion. I attempt to answer all emails as promptly as possible, especially as the auctions get closer to end-time. Cheers. - Frank

Thanks, Frank,

Yes, I sent an email via the Aquabid system about a day before the end of the auction, never got a reply and never bid.

Shipping costs are determined by 4 factors: the physical dimensions of the box, the total weight, the distance travelled and the level of service requested. You pay actual shipping charges with no add-ons of any kind.

I understand this; but I have no idea about the size and weight of the box (this depends on how you pack), this is why I asked... the destination is NYC, service is overnight; if you could let me have a rough idea, this will be appreciated.

PS. A question I did not ask but should have: the entry was C.napoensis ... really very difficult to breed?

Thanks, Frank, Yes, I sent an email via the Aquabid system about a day before the end of the auction, never got a reply and never bid.
Wee - like I said. :)
I understand this; but I have no idea about the size and weight of the box (this depends on how you pack),
First it depends on what you order. I pack very well and make every attempt to keep shipping to a minimum. No one likes to pay to ship more water than necessary - especially moi.
this is why I asked... the destination is NYC, service is overnight; if you could let me have a rough idea, this will be appreciated.
That is close to me and even when using "ground" service (no live-delivery guarantee), will generally reach you overnight (no guarantee on that, either). A decent size box of up to 10 - 12 or so Corys will cost between $20 and $25 to ship - maximum.

If you're buying $3 Corys, that doesn't make a lot of sense. On Corys worth $5 or more, amortized over 10 or 12 fish, depending on size, that's not out of line. Obviously, getting inexpensive Corys at you lfs makes sense. Getting fish you will rarely see at your lfs, delivered to your door, should be worth the cost of shipping, to anyone looking to acquire high-quality, out-of-the-ordinary fish, especially when the shipper is not adding a penny to the shipping cost.

Shame on those who do. I get top dollar for my fish. I don't understand trying to beat people on shipping charges, but I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. - Frank

A question I did not ask but should have: the entry was C.napoensis ... really very difficult to breed?
I have never attempted to spawn this species as they are not one I would keep. They have been spawned in the hobby. "Easy," is a relative term. Some people spawn them readily, while others never achieve success. If we knew why that was, we'd all be spawning every species. The challenge is in the trying and the satisfaction is in succeeding. - Frank

For what seems the longest time I've been wanting to get a group of genuine C. trilineatus. I'd look every time I went to an lfs but never had very good luck. I would see corys that were other look-alike species and some were quite nice. I bought C102s and another species that Coryologist identified as either C. leopardus or C128. And I'm sure I've seen some trilineatus in the stores but when I did they were too small, or looked sickly, or picked over. They weren't ones I wanted for my tanks.

Harlequins posted so frequently about hers that I really got to wanting them. It seemed everyone had them but me. Finally, Coryologist offered some of his at auction and I could not pass the opportunity up. Now I am convinced that I have healthy fish who are not fake juliis, look-alike fish, or hard to identify species.

Here they are: the real thing from Coryologist. :D

Ctrilineatus9-18-10.jpg

Ctrilineatus9-18-10b.jpg

And here they are, all lined up for us to admire them. :)

Ctrilineatus9-29-20.jpg

Aren't they nice? :unsure:

They`re really lovely! I love the colouring and markings B-) B-)

Very nice fish Inchworm :good:

Mike, I wouldnt worry about shipping cost. You wont go wrong buying fish from Frank. I bet I have gotten well over 100 fish from Frank in the past and never had one DOA. Pretty impressive.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back