New Critters!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

crazyforcordoras

CLASH OF CLANS!!!!
Reaction score
Today, I got some new critters for my nano. Finally got a feather duster, they sell quick at my lfs. I mean, really quick. One day, there was 12, next day, there was none. I got my peppermint shrimp a friend. A large female who s carrying eggs. Now, for the surprise. I got a 3 pound piece of live rock, lots of holes to anchor frags, and my feather duster. I am inspecting my duster and guess what pokes it's head out? I'll give you a hint. It's not a mantis shrimp.

It's a... Striped dotty back :blink: Not a fish I wanted to get, as I want a falco hawk. I plan on returning it omorrow as the cherub angel does not like it.

Today, I got some new critters for my nano. Finally got a feather duster, they sell quick at my lfs. I mean, really quick. One day, there was 12, next day, there was none. I got my peppermint shrimp a friend. A large female who s carrying eggs. Now, for the surprise. I got a 3 pound piece of live rock, lots of holes to anchor frags, and my feather duster. I am inspecting my duster and guess what pokes it's head out? I'll give you a hint. It's not a mantis shrimp.

It's a... Striped dotty back :blink: Not a fish I wanted to get, as I want a falco hawk. I plan on returning it omorrow as the cherub angel does not like it.

First, pictures or it didn't happen.

Second, what did you do with the dottyback?

Kept dotty back. Feather duster is shy, and when i walk in the room it goes in. Also got a new gorgonian. First time, I got it for 5 bucks. I will be feeding it frozen Rotifera 1 time a day. Same with the duster. I also want to get a coco worm.

Kept dotty back. Feather duster is shy, and when i walk in the room it goes in. Also got a new gorgonian. First time, I got it for 5 bucks. I will be feeding it frozen Rotifera 1 time a day. Same with the duster. I also want to get a coco worm.

Feed the gorg at least 2x a day. What is the water change regimen for this tank?

L

Feed the gorg at least 2x a day. What is the water change regimen for this tank?

L

You may also need to explore planktonic foods. What type of gorgonian is it? Sorry I'm asking so many questions.

I change a gallon a week. The way I feed the gory and duster is I put in a cube of Rotifers and turn of the filter so the Rotifers stay suspended. After like an hour, I turn it back on. Is this fine? I just fed them and the Rotifers are floating. Oh, and I change the poly filter 1 time a day, as I have two. I take one out, soak it in peroxide Nd put the other one in. The salt I use is Coal Sa Pro. :good:
Its an orange one, looks like a tree. The polyps are dark and I have seen it feeding.
You can never ask too many questions. :good:
What type of planktonic food? I may be able to get cyclopeeze or marine snow.

I change a gallon a week. The way I feed the gory and duster is I put in a cube of Rotifers and turn of the filter so the Rotifers stay suspended. After like an hour, I turn it back on. Is this fine? I just fed them and the Rotifers are floating. Oh, and I change the poly filter 1 time a day, as I have two. I take one out, soak it in peroxide Nd put the other one in. The salt I use is Coal Sa Pro. :good:
Its an orange one, looks like a tree. The polyps are dark and I have seen it feeding.
You can never ask too many questions. :good:
What type of planktonic food? I may be able to get cyclopeeze or marine snow.

Show me a picture of the gorgonian, can you take one? Some are easier than others. So, the polyps are grabbing the food?

I tease my nps with cyclopeeze and then I feed either a phytoplankton or a zooplankton of various sizes. I've got a whole arsenal of stuff.

L

I have seen the polyps on the gorg grabbing food. It's hard to take pics of it because my light is fluorescent and it makes pics look different. The polyps are mainly out at night but it's does feed during the day. So I should get cyclopeeze, and would marine snow work for it too? Oh, I think it may be a Rusty Gorgonian.

Most reactions

trending

Back