FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

carligraceee

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys! I took some tests these past weeks and have been watching my water. My ammonia levels are at 0 and all my water levels are puerfect (the hardness is a little low but my fish are not exhibiting any signs of stress or malnutrition). My fish have been so well that I took another step and purchased some small corys (they are literally an inch at most) and they are do so well with my other fish! My tank has been very clean, but I have noticed a lot of algae build up so I am going to go talk to some people in my area that know a lot about fish and ask about it. My plan is to buy some algae eaters (I was thinking Otos since they are small). I will not exceed more than 10 fish in my tank, I know that.

I know a lot of people on here believe mollies need huge tanks but I have very small mollies (a little more than an inch and have heard otherwise by several people so don't come for me on that please). I will stock my tank to 10 and that is it.
I measured my tank and put it into an aquarium stocking calculator and it said I could fit 13 slim-bodied fish in my tank. I don't think I will push that though, since that sounds like quite a lot.

I plan on purchasing some algae eaters and then some guppies or raspboras. I am really digging the bottom feeders though and might just build on those. I don't know we will see but I wanted to let you guys know my plan and how it has been going.

I got my friend some fish as well for Christmas and she has recently upgrade to a 10g (I got her a 3g) and we are going shopping for fish sometime this week together. So send recs!

For the recs, she has two tetras and I have two mollies, a platy, and three corys.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back