New Cory Fry Tank On The Way

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hope u get a gold lazer :hyper:

i love the clown loaches :drool: :)

I don't think they can interbreed although the albino and gold laser are both a colour morph of the aeneus family corydoras. There's no info online I can find about it but they definately were in a T-position no doubt. By the time I got the camera it was over. It could explain why so many eggs were infertile the last couple of times. I'll see with this batch now.

Oh, and forgot to put a picture of mom and dad. I got the camera too late when trying to catch the T-position. The albino mama is still carrying the eggs:

dscf1581d.jpg

Just took out the infertile eggs and I am basically left with 5 eggs that have some hope. None of the ones I removed were soft or covered in fungi, just plain white and hard on the touch. I really think the lasers are not helping my cause :lol:

Just a short video of the albinos trying to lay eggs and the clowns trying to eat them before I kicked their cheeky asses :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggImzM8cHA

I have wigglers :hyper: And from what I can see none of them are albino.....Yey.
I am afraid to move them to the breeder box in case those clowns suck them up and the new tank is still on the nitrIte stage :grr:

5 babies moved to the breeder box. I put a thick layer of sand just in case :grr:
Picture!!! On the right you can see the pink belly of the albino baby that survived the clown loaches carnage.
On the left of is one of the yellow belly and black eyed babies born today I guess :wub:

dscf1656w.jpg

Awesome! My friend never did any of that, one year he bought 6 cories the next year he had 12 (I'm sure hundreds of babies died in the process)

Awesome! My friend never did any of that, one year he bought 6 cories the next year he had 12 (I'm sure hundreds of babies died in the process)

It depends on the tank. My filters are taking in pleco poo 10 times bigger than the baby corys and with clown loaches as well they pretty much stand no chance in the main tank. I've read that big pebbled gravel actually helps them hide until not a snack size, so sand isn't helping too much and I pretty much have no java moss or similar plants for them to hide in.

And their to be home. I moved the coconut out as it takes too much space and I am trying to save a sword plant from my other tank on it's place. I have no idea whether these plants are going to grow ok in that thank. I'll see I guess but there's a little bit of progress:

dscf1652p.jpg

One of them went head down when I put them in the breeder box and I suspected it's dead, left it there for a while to see if it will move, no movement at all. Took it out, no sign of life :sad: Took the opportunity to take a picture. I know it's gross, but it's a dead cory.

dscf1685.jpg

Yey, my tank is finally cycled :hyper:
Wondering whether to put the 2 and a half weeks old cory there or leave it to grow another bit to make sure it get's to food easily. I am afraid to do anything in case I do something wrong. It's a happy little chap and I can't wait to see what the rest will look like.
And I've ordered Red Rili Shrimp :hyper: Just 5 pieces because of the prices around here. Hopefully they'll breed for me.

Just a short video of the baby corys. The annonying sound is my dog playing with a squeaky ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEq-313pmCo

Most reactions

Back