New cory cat sick?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yes, continue with daily water changes and salt. Only add back amount of salt that you took out. For example, if you take 50% of water out during change then only add 50% of your initial salt back in. That’s because salt stays in the tank until you remove it. So if you only take out 50% of water, then 50% of salt is still in. Make sense? Yes, go ahead and feed them now. They are probably starving. :)

Yes, go ahead and feed them now. They are probably starving.
I tried already, but they won't eat.

My Pleco and shrimp get there first. How many little pellets should I put in there?

I tried already, but they won't eat.

My Pleco and shrimp get there first. How many little pellets should I put in there?
I usually put one pellet per cory for mine, but as you know they are only pygmies....

Yes, continue with daily water changes and salt. Only add back amount of salt that you took out. For example, if you take 50% of water out during change then only add 50% of your initial salt back in. That’s because salt stays in the tank until you remove it. So if you only take out 50% of water, then 50% of salt is still in. Make sense? Yes, go ahead and feed them now. They are probably starving. :)
Will this be fine for Cory Habrosus? One of mine has a nasty sore on his face maybe the salt will help? And if not, can it not be good for tank regardless? I also have Shrimp and Snail....

Will this be fine for Cory Habrosus? One of mine has a nasty sore on his face maybe the salt will help? And if not, can it not be good for tank regardless? I also have Shrimp and Snail....
Please post another thread for your issue. :)

Give them some time for them to acclimate to their surroundings. New fish generally won't eat if they're placed in a new environment.
Just saw all 6 eating. So happy! I turned off the lights, to make them more comfortable.

I have always done the salt dose as Colin has advised and never had a problem with either my cories, snails or plecos.

I have always done the salt dose as Colin has advised and never had a problem with either my cories, snails or plecos.
To day I am going to take out 4 gallons in my water change. (But only add 1.5 TBS of salt, ads thats half the amount I added yesterday.

Theres one or two that are always out in the open, they are the brave ones. The others are still in hiding.

Most reactions

Back