New CO2 set up.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fleenor1

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just have a question for the people with established tanks that have a CO2 set up. I have just installed a CO2 setup in a newly setup 150 gallon tank. The tank had been cycled before the introduction of the CO2 system.
Since the intro of the CO2 the tank has become very cloudy. Is this normal?

Right now I am still pretty much in the cycling period. There is only three medium angel fish and a couple plecos to control the algae growth. There are a few plants that I have just planted in the tank in pots but other than the pots there is no gravel in the tank. The tank has a wet dry filter that has a sump that is about 60 gallons. The tank is cycled about three times a hour and is fed back to the tank via a spray bar under the water.

My tests of the CO2 saturation in the water have all come back with the optimal readings.

Am I doing this right? Should it be this cloudy right off the bat? Any sugestions.....
Thanks for your time!
Brad Fleenor

Are you using your own formula for adding CO2? If so this is normal for most tanks. If not I don't know. Sounds to me like you have a bacterial bloom which is normal for tanks to go through when first set up or re set up. Don't do anything and it'll clear on it's own. Just make sure you keep an eye on your ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, ph, KH and GH. As long as these stay with in normal areas for them you should be fine. Rose

Most reactions

Back